Nokia 6.2 Price in Nigeria and Full Specs Review
Nokia 6.2 is the latest affordable mid-range device from HMD Global. The smartphone was launched at the 2019 IFA event held in Berlin, Germany alongside its senior sibling – Nokia 7.2.
The Nokia 6.2 has all the markings necessary to challenge other great affordable mid-range devices from Huawei, Motorola, Honor and Xiaomi. Let’s take a look at the Nokia 6.2 price in Nigeria and full specs review.
Nokia 6.2 Key Specs
- 3-inch FHD+ display
- Snapdragon 636 SoC
- 3/32GB & 4/64GB memory
- 16 + 8 + 5MP rear cameras
- 8MP front camera
- Android 9 Pie
- Fingerprint reader
- 3,500 mAh battery
The Nokia 6.2 features a body build that seems relatively standard in the smartphone world. It comes with a front and back Corning Gorilla Glass 3 which is sandwiched with a frame consisting of aluminium and a polymer composite material.
The polymer material is twice as hard as polycarbonate and is said to provide the phone strong and durable frame.
The smartphone is available in Ceramic Black and Ice. The rear side of the handset is home to a triple camera and LED flash enclosed in a circular frame.
Below the camera setup is a rounded fingerprint reader. There is a 3.5mm headphone jack at the top end of the device. The front side of the Nokia 6.2 features a display with a waterdrop notch and a bottom chin.
The Nokia 6.2 features a 6.3-inch display with IPS LCD panel. Though the IPS LCD isn’t colour rich like the OLED counterparts, HMD Global makes up for that by using the company’s PureDisplay technology.
This will enhance the vibrancy and colour of the Nokia 6.2’s screen. The display features 1080 x 2280 pixels resolution, 19:9 aspect ratio, HDR10, Always-on display and 400 PPI density.
Hardware and Software
Underneath this affordable mid-range device is Snapdragon 636 SoC laced with either 3GB or 4GB of RAM.
The storage size option is 32GB and 64GB, which can be expandable via microSD slot. The Nokia 6.2 runs on pure stock Android 9 Pie which isn’t surprising by now since all of HMD Global’s Nokia smartphone is part of the Android One family.
This means the Nokia 6.2 will get two years worth of major OS updates and three years worth of security patches.
The triple rear camera of the Nokia 6.2 consists of a 16MP f/1.8 main sensor, an 8MP f/2.2 ultrawide sensor with 118-degree field of view and a 5MP depth sensor for bokeh portrait shots.
The camera has a dedicated night mode feature and will automatically advise you use it when in low-light condition. The waterdrop notch houses an 8MP f/2.0 selfie camera which is able to record 1080p videos at 30fps.
The Nokia 6.2 packs a non-removable Li-Ion 3,500 mAh battery, which HMD Global claims it lasts up to 2 days on a single charge. We tend to disagree if it’s on heavy usage though. The battery supports 10W fast charging.
Nokia 6.2 Complete Specs
- Announced: September 2019
- Status: Expected October 2019
- Dimension: 159.9 x 75.1 x 8.3 mm
- Weight: 180 grams
- Build: Front/Back glass with polymer & aluminium frame
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Screen Display: IPS LCD display
- Screen Size: 6.3 inches
- Resolution: 1080 x 2280 pixels (400 PPI density)
- Aspect Ratio: 19:9 aspect ratio
- Display Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Notch: Yes
- Touchscreen: Yes, up to 5 fingers.
- Operating System: Android Pie
- Chipset: Snapdragon 636
- CPU: Octa-core 1.8 GHz Kryo 260
- GPU: Adreno 509
- RAM: 3GB/4GB
- Built-in Storage Capacity: 32GB/64GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 512GB (dedicated slot)
- Camera Type: Triple cameras
- Camera Sensor: 16 + 8 + 5MP
- Camera Features: PDAF, panorama, HDR
- Video Resolution: [email protected], [email protected]
- LED Flash: Yes
- Camera Type: Single camera
- Camera Sensor(s): 8MP
- Camera Features: HDR
- Video Resolution: [email protected]
- LED Flash: No
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, EDR, LE, aptX
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- FM Radio: Yes
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Yes (exclusive to LATAM, USA, IN)
- Technology: GSM / HSPA / LTE
- 4G Network Bands: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 28(700), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- 3G Network Bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 2G Network Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps
- EDGE: Yes
- GPRS: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Speaker Location: –
- Sound Enhancement Features: Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Audio Jack Type: Yes
- Battery Capacity: 3,500 mAh
- Wireless Charging: No
- Fast Charging: Yes, 10W charging
- Colour Options: Ceramic Black and Ice
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
Price and Availability
The Nokia 6.2 will be available sometime in October. The 3/32GB model will cost around N75,000 while the 4/64GB model will cost about N92,500.