Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T Specs, Features and Price
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T is just another version of the standard Redmi Note 8 with some little differences. The Redmi Note 8T still has a 6.3-inch IPS LCD display with a notch but with a smaller screen to body ratio. It uses the same Snapdragon 665 SoC but with less RAM and Storage options.
The Redmi Note 8T also has NFC, weighs more and has more LTE bands than the standard Note 8. Let’s see what else is new in the Redmi Note 8T.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T Key Specs
- 6.3-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 1080 x 2340 pixels
- Android 9.0 Pie, 3GB/4GB Of RAM
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 665, Octa-core 2.0GHz
- 32GB/64GB/128GB built-in storage
- 48MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP camera and 13MP selfie camera.
- 4,000mAh non-removable battery
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T Design And Display
Redmi Note 8 Pro still maintains the same design as the Redmi Note 8 with the Corning gorilla 5 at the front and back. The back is back with four cameras similar to the Note 8 with an LED flash and a fingerprint sensor. Redmi is boldly written on the back of the device as well as on the chin below the display.
Speaking of the display, this device is rocking a 6.3-inch IPS LCD display with an FHD+ (1080p) resolution, 409 pixels per inch density and an 80% screen-to-body ratio. There is a notch cutout at the top of the display housing the front-facing camera.
Redmi Note 8T weighs a total of 200g and measures 8.6mm in thickness. Colour options available for the Redmi Note 8T are Stellar blue, Moon white and Midnight grey.
In the camera department, we have a total of five sensors here, four of which is at the rear leaving one upfront for selfies. As for the rear cameras, there is a 48MP main camera with an f/1.8 aperture and PDAF.
This is accompanied by an 8MP ultra-wide camera with an f/2.2 aperture and two 2MP cameras; one being a dedicated macro camera for capturing small objects and the other being a depth sensor for portraits with both cameras having an f/2.4 aperture.
There is also an LED flash for the rear cameras. Other features of the rear camera include HDR, Panorama and the ability to shoot 2160p videos at 30fps, 1080p videos at 30/60/120fps and 720p videos at 960fps (Slo-mo) with gyro-EIS.
For selfies, a single 13MP front-facing camera with an f/2.0 aperture takes care of that and can also be used for Face unlock. The front-facing camera also has HDR, Panorama can shoot 1080p videos at 30fps too.
Hardware and Software
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T has the Snapdragon 665 SoC from Qualcomm which has an octa-core processor clocked at 2.0GHz paired with an Adreno 610 GPU. This is hooked up to either 3GB of RAM which comes with 32GB of internal storage or 4GB of RAM with comes with 64GB or 128GB of internal storage.
It also has a dedicated MicroSD card which means you add more storage, up to 256GB. This device runs Xiaomi’s Miui 10 out of the box which is based on the Android 9.0 Pie operating system.
Battery and Connectivity
Redmi Note 8T has the same 4,000mAh battery as the Non-T version with support for 18W fast battery charging through a USB Type-C port. It also has 4G LTE, Bluetooth, dual-band WiFi, WiFi hotspot, WiFi direct, GPS, infrared port, FM radio and a 3.5mm jack. There is also NFC here for payments.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T Price and Availability
Redmi Note 8T starts at $200 and is already available on various online stores as well as offline stores in different regions.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T Full Specifications
- Dimension: 161.1 x 75.4 x 8.6 mm
- Material: Front/back glass
- Weight: 200grams
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 6.3-inch
- Screen Resolution: 19:9, 1080 x 2340pixels, 409ppi
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie, Miui 10
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 665, Octa-core 2.0GHz
- RAM: 3GB/4GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 32GB/64GB/128GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 256GB (Dedicated Slot)
- Rear Camera: 48MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP – LED flash, HDR, Panorama
- Front camera: 13MP – HDR, Panorama
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, direct, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: 2100 MHz
- 4G: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- USB: Yes, Type-C
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes (rear-mounted)
- NFC: Yes
- GPS: Yes
- Sensors: Gravity, Proximity and Light Sensor
- Capacity: 4,000mAh Non-removable
- Type: Li-Po
- Fast Charging: Yes, 18W
- OTG Support: Yes
Price and Availability
Recommended Retail Price: $199.99