Asus has released the successor-Asus Zenfone 6, to its last year Flagship smartphone – Asus Zenfone 5z. The new Smartphone called Zenfone 6 packs a bunch of new upgrades and improvements over its predecessor and still has the same starting price. The Asus Zenfone 6 obviously has a Snapdragon 855 SoC, 6GB or 8GB of RAM, 128GB or 256GB of storage and a massive 5,000mAh battery. Let’s see what else the Asus Zenfone 6 has to offer.
Asus Zenfone 6 Key Specs
- 6.4-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 1080 x 2340 Pixels
- Android 9.0 Pie, 6GB/8GB Of RAM
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855, Octa-core 2.84GHz
- 128GB/256GB built-in storage
- 48MP + 13MP rear camera and a motorised flip-up selfie camera
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery
Asus Zenfone 6 Design And Display
Asus Zenfone 6 display is perhaps one of the biggest highlights of this smartphone thanks it immersive all screen display with no obstructive notch or punch hole. The display itself is a 6.4-inch IPS LCD display with a 1080p FHD+ resolution. There is a small chin at the bottom and all other bezels basically non-existent. Asus Zenfone 6 beautiful all-screen display is possible thanks to the motorised flip-up camera that allows you to bring the dual rear camera up to be used as a selfie camera along with its LED flash. No in-display fingerprint sensor here – it is located at the back of the device.
Back to the display, it supports HDR10 content and has a Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protecting the display. The back also has glass protecting the back as well with an aluminium frame all around. Overall, the device weighs 190grams, measures 9.2mm in thickness and comes in two colours; Midnight Black and Twilight Silver. It also has a dual SIM card slot as well as a dedicated microSD card slot for additional storage.
At the back of this device is a dual camera setup consisting of a main 48MP shooter with an f/1.8 aperture, 26mm wide lens and Laser/PDAF alongside a secondary 13MP ultrawide camera with am f/2.4 aperture and an 11mm wide lens. It also has a dual-LED flash, HDR and Auto Panorama with motorised rotation. The rear camera can shoot 2160p videos at 30/60fps, 1080p videos at up to 240fps and 720p videos at 480fps.
As for the front-facing camera, you can use the rear camera thanks to the motorised flip-up mechanism that brings the rear camera up front when you switch to the front-facing camera.
Hardware and Software
Inside the Asus Zenfone 6 is no other than the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 SoC which has an octa-core processor with a clocking speed of up to 2.84GHz alongside an Adreno 640 GPU for graphics and gaming. It comes in two configurations, a 6GB RAM Variant with 128GB of internal storage and the beefier 8GB RAM Variant with 256GB storage. Both of which have a dedicated MicroSD card slot that can accommodate up to 1TB of additional storage. Asus Zenfone 6 runs the company’s latest ZenUI 6 out of the box which is based on Android 9.0 Pie.
Battery and Connectivity
In terms of Power, there is a 5,000mAh battery on this device with support for up to 18W fast charging (Quick Charge 4.0) and also reverse charging of up to 10W, all through the USB Type-C port which can also be used for file transfers. Other features of the Asus Zenfone 6 includes 4G LTE, dual-band WiFi, WiFi hotspot, WiFi direct, Bluetooth, GPS, FM radio, NFC and the date 3.5mm jack.
Asus Zenfone 6 Price and Availability
Asus Zenfone 6 has a starting price of €500 which is approximately $560 for the based version with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage. The beefier one will slightly be more expensive.
Asus Zenfone 6 Full Specifications
- Dimension: 159.1 x 75.4 x 9.2 mm
- Material: front/back glass, aluminium frame
- Weight: 190g
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 6.4-inch
- Screen Resolution: 19:9, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 403ppi
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie, ZenUI 6
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855, Octa-core 2.84GHz
- RAM: 6GB/8GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 128GB/256GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 1TB (dedicated card slot)
- Primary: 48MP + 13MP with f/1.8 + f/2.4 – dual-LED, HDR, auto Panorama
- Secondary: Uses Rear Camera (Motorised Flip-up)
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual band, WiFi direct, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: 2100 MHz
- 4G: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- USB: Yes, USB Type-C
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes (rear-mounted)
- NFC: Yes
- GPS: Yes
- Sensors: Gravity, Proximity and Light Sensor
- Capacity: 5,000mAh Non-removable
- Type: Li-Po
- Fast Charging: 18W (Quick Charge 4.0)
- OTG Support: Yes
Price and Availability
- Recommended Retail Price: $560
- Availability: Coming Soon