If you are looking for ways to backup WhatsApp data of your iOS or Android device, then you have come to the right place. While the native solutions can only backup WhatsApp on iCloud or Google Drive, it is sometimes not enough and leads to security concerns as well. Ideally, the best way to backup WhatsApp photo and chats is by maintaining a dedicated backup file on a computer. In this way, you can easily restore WhatsApp backup whenever you want. For your convenience, we have handpicked the 3 best ways to maintain a WhatsApp backup in this guide.
Method 1: Backup WhatsApp Data and Restore it to any iOS/Android Device
The easiest way to backup WhatsApp data on an iOS device is by using dr.fone – Restore Social App (iOS). As the name suggests, the tool can be used to backup and restore all kinds of popular social apps like WhatsApp, Line, WeChat, Viber, and Kik. By taking the assistance of this user-friendly tool, you can maintain a backup of WhatsApp on your computer and later restore WhatsApp backup on any iOS or Android device.
Yes, you have read it right. Unlike iCloud WhatsApp backup (which supports same device transfer), dr.fone – Restore Social App (iOS) can help you move your WhatsApp data from one phone to another as well. There is also a provision to directly transfer WhatsApp data from iPhone to iPhone/Android too. The application is compatible with every leading iPhone version and provides a smart way to backup WhatsApp photo and chats. All you got to do is follow these simple steps:
- Connect your existing iPhone to the system and launch the dr.fone toolkit on it. From its home, go to the “Restore Social App” module.
2. Under the WhatsApp tab, you can view different options to transfer WhatsApp data, take its backup, or restore it to an iPhone/Android. Since we need to save our data first, click on the “Backup” option.
3. Automatically, the application will start taking a backup of your data. Wait for a while and don’t disconnect your device in the process
4. As soon as the backup has been taken, you will be notified. You can now safely remove the device or view the backup content.
5. Now, whenever you wish to restore the data to an iOS or Android device, just launch the application and connect the target phone. You can select an option to restore WhatsApp backup to an iPhone or Android to proceed.
6. A list of all the existing backup files with their details would be provided. Simply select the file of your choice and continue.
7. As the application would retrieve the content of the backup, its chats and save media files (photos/videos) would be displayed. You can simply preview the data, select the chats and media files you wish to retrieve, and restore them directly to the target device.
By following this simple drill, you can easily take a backup of your WhatsApp chats and later restore them to an iOS or Android seamlessly.
Method 2: Backup WhatsApp Chats and Media from Android to PC
If you want to take a backup of WhatsApp chats and photos/videos from an Android device to a computer, then you can try dr.fone – Recover (Android Data Recovery). Ideally, it is a data recovery tool that can retrieve all kinds of lost and existing content on an Android. Though, you can also use it to scan the device, preview its content, and save it to your computer. Here’s how you can do it.
- Launch the dr.fone toolkit and visit the “Recover” section. Also, connect your Android device to the system using a working USB cable.
- Under the “Recover Phone Data” tab, you can choose what kind of data you wish to scan. Select “WhatsApp Messages & Attachments” to continue.
- You can select how you wish to scan the device. Choose to scan the entire device storage and click on the “Next” button.
- Wait for a while as the application would scan for all the existing WhatsApp data on the device. Don’t close the application in between or disconnect your phone.
- Once the scan is completed, go to the “WhatsApp” tab from the left corner. Preview the WhatsApp chats and attachments from here and save them to the system directly.
In the same way, you can also take a backup of all the other types of data saved on your Android device.
Method 3: Backup WhatsApp Chats and Photos/Videos from iPhone to PC
Just like Android, there is also a dedicated data recovery tool for iOS devices as well. Therefore, if you simply want to save your WhatsApp chats and attachments to your PC, then you can try dr.fone – Recover (iPhone Data Recovery) as well. Besides recovering the lost data from your device storage, it can also help you scan the existing content and save it directly to your computer.
- Connect your iPhone to the system and launch the dr.fone toolkit. From the welcome screen, visit the “Recover” option.
- Under the “Recover from iOS Device” tab, select the data you wish to scan and under what circumstances. Make the needed selections and click on the “Start Scan” button.
- Sit back and wait for a while as the application would scan your iPhone storage and retrieve all the content.
- In the end, you can just preview the retrieved content by visiting the “WhatsApp” section. Select the chats and content you wish to save and recover them directly to your computer.
That’s it! By following this guide, you would be able to backup WhatsApp photo, video, and chats easily. As you can see, dr.fone provides all kinds of solutions to save your WhatsApp data as well as to restore WhatsApp backup to Android and iOS too. Go ahead and explore this remarkable toolkit and never worry about losing your WhatsApp chats or data again.