In this article, we will show you how you can transfer money from one Nigerian Bank to another on your mobile phone. Our phones are not only meant for calling and text messaging, technology has made it possible to even transfer money from one bank account to another using mobile phone-First Bank of Nigeria, GTBank, FCMB, Access Bank, Diamond Bank, UBA, WEMA Bank, Zenith Bank, Sky Bank, Unity Bank, Sterling Bank, Fidelity Bank, Ecobank Bank.
Below I will show you all the Nigerian banks USSD transfer codes and how you can use you phone to transfer money from your bank account to the recipient easily. Gone are the days we will always need to go to banks before we can send money to another account.
How to transfer money from one bank account to another in Nigeria Using Bank USSD transfer code
- 1 How to transfer money from one bank account to another in Nigeria Using Bank USSD transfer code
- 2 List of Nigerian bank USSD Transfer codes
- 3 WEMA BANK USSD TRANSFER CODE
- 4 FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA USSD TRANSFER CODE
- 5 GTB USSD TRANSFER CODE
- 6 FIDELITY BANK USSD TRANSFER CODE
- 7 DIAMOND BANK USSD TRANSFER CODE
- 8 STERLING BANK USSD TRANSFER CODE
- 9 ZENITH BANK USSD TRANSFER CODE
- 10 HOW TO REGISTER FOR ZENITH BANK USSD CODE
- 11 FCMB Bank USSD TRANSFER CODE
- 12 ECO BANK USSD TRANSFER CODE
- 13 UNITY BANK USSD TRANSFER CODES
- 14 SKYE BANK USSD Transfer CODES
Below are the list of Nigerian banks we will be showing how to send money through your phone to another bank account
List of Nigerian bank USSD Transfer codes
- First Bank of Nigeria
- Access Bank
- Diamond Bank
- WEMA Bank
- Zenith Bank
- Sky bank
- Unity Bank
- Sterling bank
- Fidelity bank
- Ecobank Bank
Before you can transfer money from one bank account in Nigeria to another, you must use the phone number you registered when you just opened your bank account. For some banks it’s automatic while some will require you to register your number to be able to use the USSD service.
WEMA BANK USSD TRANSFER CODE
If you are a customer with Wema Bank and you will like to transfer money from your WEMA Bank account to another account all you have to do is to dial 322035NUBANAMOUNT#. Example 322035123456789020000#.
FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA USSD TRANSFER CODE
First Bank of Nigeria is one of the first bank to offer mobile money transfer. Customers can do many transactions like pay for bills, withdraw money and make purchases. Below are the various codeS to dial to perform a specific transaction using First Bank of Nigeria.
- To transfer money, simply dial *894# and select 1.
- Dial *894# and select 2 to withdraw money.
- Dial *894# and select 3 to make purchase
- Dial *894# and select 4 to pay bills.
- Dial *894# and select 5 to buy airtime.
- Dial *894# and select 7 to manage account.
GTB USSD TRANSFER CODE
GTB customers can make transfer to a GTB bank account and to other banks.
To send to a GTB bank account, customer should dial 7371AmountNUBAN Account No#.E.g. 737150001234567890#.
To other banks dial 7372AmountNUBAN Account No# e.g. 737220001234567890#.
The beneficiaries account number will be shown to you before you enter your four digit PIN. This allows you to check if the account number is correct so you won’t send the money to the wrong account.
FIDELITY BANK USSD TRANSFER CODE
To transfer money from Fidelity bank account to another bank account, dial 770Account numberAmount#. E.g 77009876543211000#
Pls note that if you are doing this for the first time, you will need to create your PIN by dialling *770#, then you enter your NUBAN Account number (Fidelity bank account number), Select a 4-digit PIN for your account.
DIAMOND BANK USSD TRANSFER CODE
If you have a Diamond bank Y’ello account, to Transfer money to any bank Dial 710777ACCOUNT NOAMOUNT*PIN#.
For Diamond Y’ello to Diamond Y’ello Transfers Dial 710710PHONE NOAMOUNT*PIN#.
STERLING BANK USSD TRANSFER CODE
For those banking with a sterling bank, before you can use the bank USSD code you first have to register by dialling *822#,a PIN will be required to perform any transaction so after the registration has been completed you will get your PIN.
With the Sterling bank USSD code you can:
- Register / Activate for your Mobile Money
- Send money to friends and family
- Top-up airtime for yourself, friends and family
- Check your balance
- Check your last three transactions
- To top-up your airtime you dial dial*822*Amount#.
- This must be done with your registered mobile number
- Maximum single amount is N2,000
- To top-up for family & friends you dial *822*Amount*Mobile Number#.
- Then select your desired service provider either Glo, MTN, Airtel and Etisalat.
- Maximum amount per transaction is N2, 000.
- To submit your BVN you dial *822*3*BVN NO#
- To submit your BVN (for Non-Interest Banking) you dial *822*4*BVN NO#.
- To get your BVN NO you dial *565*0#.
- To check your account balance you dial *822*6*A/c Number#.
- To retrieve your account number just dial *822*5#.
ZENITH BANK USSD TRANSFER CODE
To transfer money if you are using Zenith bank dial 966AmountAccount Number# (e.g. *9661000*1234567890#) from the phone number you registered with Zenith Bank, then follow the on-screen prompts.
In order for you to be able to use this service or any other services, you first have to register for the USSD banking service.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR ZENITH BANK USSD CODE
- First Dial *966*00# with your registered number.
- You will be prompted to enter the last 4 digits of your Debit (ATM) card number.
- The next page will display your Account Name and you will be prompted to create a 4 digit PIN.
- Confirm the 4 digit PIN.
- If successful, you will get a message “Retrieving your balance.
- You will receive an SMS with the balances on all your accounts.
You can also perform other transactions like, opening an account, checking account balance and buying of airtime through the Nigerian bank USSD codes. It’s very useful not just for transfer only.
To open an account you dial 9660# and follow the onscreen notification. An account number will be created automatically and sent to you via SMS. Account opening forms are not required for this process. Once you sign up, look out for your ten-digit account number (NUBAN).
To check your account balance on any of your accounts, all you need to do is simply dial; 96600# on your mobile phone and follow the on-screen notification.
To buy airtime for yourself or for your friends and family you dial 966AmountMobile Number# (e.g. *9661000*0803456789#) to buy airtime.
FCMB Bank USSD TRANSFER CODE
For customers of FCMB who want to do transfer, all you need to do is dial 389214#, after dialling, a welcome message will appear with these options.
- 1-Activate with card
- 2-Activate with Account
- 3-Activate with Mwallet
You are required to select option 2 by typing 2 and pressing send, after that a message will appear telling you to add your account number to the service.
You will then receive a congratulatory message telling you that you have successfully synchronized. For you to perform any transaction you will have to generate your PIN which will be sent to your phone, to do that you need to call the contact centre on 01-2798800 or you visit any FCMB branch.
For security purposes it is required for you to change your PIN to do that you dial 389214# then you select security, under security you will select change PIN then you put in your default PIN given to you after that you enter your new four digits PIN when prompted.
After all these steps have been completed you can start using and enjoying FCMB Mobile service.
Please note that you can always Dial 389214# for subsequent access to FCMB Mobile service.
ECO BANK USSD TRANSFER CODE
ECOBANK customers are not left out of this latest technology. Customers can do a lot more using the Ecobank ussd codes. They include
- Make instant transfers
- Check balances
- Pay bills
- Read mini-statements
- Buy airtime
To get started you dial*326# and follow the instructions on the screen.
UNITY BANK USSD TRANSFER CODES
Great news as Unity Bank has also joined the list of ban using mobile phone money transfer. Customers banking with Unity Bank can make transfer to other banks by following this simple step.
To get started you dial 389215# and follow the instructions on the screen.
Read also : MMM Nigeria registration and Login procedure
SKYE BANK USSD Transfer CODES
Skye Bank USSD mobile banking gives you secure and fast way to transfer funds to Skye bank accounts and to other bank accounts.
With Skye Bank USSD mobile banking, customers can pay for bills, check account balance, transfer funds etc.
To get started you dial *833# and follow the instructions on the screen.
So these steps and codes we have listed above are ways one can easily transfer money from one bank to another through the use of Nigerian bank USSD codes. If you have any questions feel free to ask and don’t forget to share for others to benefit.
So there you have it, the best way to transfer money from one bank account to another in Nigeria. Feel free to help share this post to your friends on social media.