Are you interested in knowing how to buy data from GTBank using USSD code? We can show you just how to do it if you continue reading this post. One of the good things about USSD banking is that you don’t need internet access to carry out any transaction you want. GTB USSD banking is called “Bank 737” and it is arguably the most popular USSD banking system in Nigeria. This can be attributed to the fact that they have a large customer base and through this platform, you can buy data without stress on your phone.
How to Use GTB USSD Code to Buy Data
This is how you can easily buy data from GTB USSD banking. Actually, it is not a direct method, but it is simple and fast.
Follow the guidelines below to do it.
- The first thing to do is to recharge the data cost on the phone i.e. for example if you’re buying MTN 2GB data plan for N1,200, you need to recharge your phone with N1,200 worth of airtime.
- To buy airtime to the number registered on your Zenith Bank account, dial *737*Amount# i.e. *737*1200#
- If you’re buying the airtime to the number not registered on the account, dial *737*Amount*Phone Number# i.e *737*1200*08033247879#
- After buying the airtime, you can now go to MTN and buy the 1,200 for the 2GB data plan.
Features of GTB Bank 737
Buying of airtime is not the only thing you can do with GTB USSD banking. Let’s look at some of the other features of the GTB “bank 737” initiative below;
- Opening an Account *737*0#
- Reactive your Account *737*11#
- Transfer to GTBank Account *737*1*Amount*Account Number#
- Transfer to Other Banks *737*2*Amount*Account Number#
- Check Account balance *737*6*1#
- Create Transaction PIN *737*5#
- Generate OTP (One Time Password) *737*7#
This is how to buy data from GTB bank using USSD code. If done right, it shouldn’t take up to 20 minutes before you start browsing on the internet.