Learn how to cast YouTube video to Amazon Fire Tv Stick from the comfort of your phone. If you’re looking for a steaming dongle then chances are, you got either the Google Chromecast or Amazon’s Fire Stick. Both devices are good however, you can’t stream Amazon’s prime videos on Google’s Chromecast natively and you can’t also cast YouTube videos to your Fire Stick TV. Now, there is a workaround for both issues but we will be focusing on how you can cast YouTube videos from your smartphone to your Fire Stick.
So you have Fire Stick and would like to cast YouTube videos to it. Well, you can, thanks to Amazon’s Silk Browser. With Amazon’s Silk Browser, you can cast your YouTube videos to your Fire Stick with ease but first, you’ll need to check some boxes or rather, meet some requirements.
- Download Amazon’s Silk Browser and make it your default browser via Settings.
- Make sure your Fire Stick and Your Phone are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Make sure you have the YouTube App on your Phone.
Once all the requirements have been met, you can now go ahead and follow the instructions below.
How To Cast YouTube Videos To Amazon Fire TV Stick From Your Phone
- Make sure your Fire Stick is plugged into your TV, if it isn’t, then do that.
- Once it boots up, click on the YouTube tile for the available tiles. If this is the first time you’re opening YouTube then you’ll be asked to choose between Amazon’s Silk Browser and Firefox. Choose Amazon’s Silk and tick the “Save this choice as my default browser for YouTube.com”. This way, YouTube automatically opens with Amazon’s Silk Browser next time you click on it.
- If you’ve opened YouTube before with Firefox and set it as your default app for YouTube.com then you’ll need to go change that in the settings Menu or simply uninstall Firefox, go back and Click on YouTube and then select Silk instead of Firefox. You can always re-download Firefox again.
- After sorting that out, Connect your Fire Stick Tv and Phone to the same WiFi network. This is very important.
- Now, Get hold of your Phone and Launch the YouTube App and select a video. You’ll notice that the cast button is now available at the top right side of your screen, click on it to cast the screen button, and select your Fire Stick to start casting to your Fire Stick and subsequently to your TV.
If you’ve used a Google Chromecast before using this then you’ll notice that it isn’t as fluent and smooth as the Google Chromecast. However, it does get the job done and is way better than spending extra money for the Chromecast just for YouTube when you have the Fire Stick. You can also cast your iPhone to Fire Stick TV using AirBeam. If you have the money, you might as well pick up a Google Chromecast too. Got questions? Let us know using the comment section down below.