Have you ever wondered how to change your name on zoom meeting before? Do you even know there is a way for you to change the name displayed on your zoom meeting? Well, yes there is a way for you to do that and we’ll show it to you in today’s post. Zoom is arguably the most popular video meeting application. The app got famous during the Covid-19 pandemic, as people fell in love with its reliability, flexibility, and ease of use. Family and friends use it to chat and share stories, businesses use it to hold team or conference meetings, and schools use it for remote-learning activities and meetings.
Thanks to its flexibility, Zoom allows users to change their names during a meeting. You can change your name on any device or platform at any given time. So if you’re using a friend’s laptop for your meeting, you are free to change your name on there. The whole changing of name process doesn’t take more than two minutes to get done.
How to Change your Name on Zoom Meeting
Via the Desktop Client:
- While on the meeting, click on the “Participants” button which is at the bottom of the meeting’s window.
- Click on your name from the list of all participants on the right side of the window. Then click on “Rename”.
- A text box should pop-up containing your current name, erase it and enter your preferred name. Then click on “OK” to confirm.
Via the Mobile App:
- Click on the “Participants” icon located at the bottom of the screen. The mobile app will take you to the Participant’s screen.
- From the list, find your name and click on it. Tap on the “Rename” option from the pop-up.
- Then enter a new name on the username box and click on the “OK” button to confirm the change.
Explained above are the steps you can take to quickly change your name during a zoom meeting.