Are you looking for a guide on how to disable Google Assistant on your phone? Not to worry, this post will provide you with a detailed guide on how to do just that. Google Assistant is an AI-powered virtual assistant that comes pre-installed on most Android phones.
The virtual assistant can help users make a phone call, play songs, show weather forecasts, book tickets, set schedules in their calendars, set alarms/reminders, and many more. Despite its overwhelming benefits, the assistant can be intrusive which some users don’t like and wouldn’t mind turning it off entirely. For that category of users, this article is just what the doctor ordered.
Guide on How to Disable Google Assistant on your Phone
Luckily for you, it is quite easy to disable Google Assistant on your phone. You can stop the Google Assistant from showing up when you long-press the power button or when you long-press the middle button from the navigation bar.
• Locate and open the Google app on your smartphone.
• At the bottom right corner, tap on the “More” bottom.
• Then tap on “Settings” from the menu that opens up.
• You’ll see “Google Assistant” from the settings menu, click on it.
• Scroll down the multitude of options till you see one that is titled “General: manage general settings for your Assistant” and select that one.
• Once you’re there, simply toggle off the option that says “Google Assistant: your assistant helps answer your questions and get things completed”.
Once you do that, you’ve successfully disabled Google Assistant on your phone. The virtual AI-powered assistant will not disturb you again. But if you ever need its services, you can always follow this guide to enable it back. Let us know if this guide worked for you, since there are different Android devices in the market, you might have a hard time navigate through to the Google Assistant settings.