Doogee Y9 Plus, also known as Doogee N20 in some markets, spots a 6.3-inch notched FHD+ display, triple rear camera setup and a 4,350mAh battery capacity with support for fast charging. Let’s see what else the Doogee N20 has in store.
Doogee Y9 Plus Key Specs
- 6.3-inch LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 1080 x 2340 pixels
- Android 9.0 Pie, 4GB Of RAM
- Mediatek Helio P23, Octa-core 2.3GHz
- 64GB built-in storage
- 16MP + 8MP + 8MP camera and 16MP selfie camera.
- 4,350mAh non-removable battery
Design And Display
Doogee Y9 Plus has a pretty standard and familiar design for a 2019 smartphone. The 6.3-inch display with a waterdrop notch covers the front of the device, leaving just a small chin down below. The notch up top houses the front-facing camera and the speaker grill.
Coming back to the display, the 6.3-inch display is an IPS LCD panel. It uses the 19:9 aspect ratio with a notch cutout and has a FHD+ resolution (1080 x 2340) with a 409ppi. At the back are the usuals; the cameras and a ginger sensor.
Camera count here stands at 3 with an LED flash to back it up. A fingerprint sensor sits comfortably at the centre and is easily accessible/reachable. The body of the device as a whole is made with plastic has Blue, Purple and Black as its colour options.
Camera Specs Review
Doogee Y9 Plus has a triple rear camera which comprises of a 16MP main camera accompanied by two other 8MP cameras. Features of the rear camera include a dual-LED flash, HDR, Panorama and the ability to shoot 1080p videos at 30fps.
For selfies, you’ll find a single 16MP shooter in the waterdrop notch. The selfie camera can also be used for faceID as well as shoot 1080p videos at 30fps with some AI beautify enhancement for better selfies.
Hardware and Software
Doogee went with Mediatek for the Y9 Plus and fitted this device with an Helio P23. This chipset is built on the 16nm process technology with an octa-core processor clocked at 2.3GHz alongside an ARM Mali-G71 MP2 GPU for gaming. 4GB of RAM keeps the apps running and 64GB of storage stores your files.
This device can accommodate up to 256GB of additional storage via its microSD card slot, in case you need more space. It also runs pure stock Android (Android 9.0 Pie) out of the box with no Skin or UI covering it.
Battery and Connectivity
A 4,350mAh responsible for most of this device weight sits inside this device. Doogee taunts this battery as a “Two-day battery” which also comes with a 10W fast battery charging for quick refills.
Other features of the Doogee N20 includes 4G LTE connectivity, dual-band WiFi, WiFi hotspot, WiFi direct, GPS, Bluetooth, a 3.5mm jack and a USB Type-C port which supports USB On The Go.
Doogee Y9 Plus Price and Availability
Doogee Y9 Plus costs about $99 and is already available on various online stores.
Doogee Y9 Plus Full Specifications
- Dimension: 158.7 x 77.1 x 8.4 mm
- Material: Plastic
- Weight: 200g
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: LTPS IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 6.3-inch
- Screen Resolution: 19:9, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 409ppi
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie
- Chipset: Mediatek Helio P23, Octa-core 2.3GHz
- RAM: 4GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 64GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 256GB
- Rear Camera: 16MP + 8MP + 8MP – dual-LED flash, Panorama, HDR
- Front Camera: 8MP – FaceID
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, direct, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: 2100 MHz
- 4G: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- USB: Yes, Type-C
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes (rear-mounted)
- NFC: No
- GPS: Yes
- Sensors: Gravity, Proximity and Light Sensor
- Capacity: 4,350mAh Non-removable
- Type: Li-Po
- Fast Charging: Yes, 10W
- OTG Support: Yes
Price and Availability
Recommended Retail Price: $99