AppValley is one of a long line of unofficial app installers, offering us a choice of thousands of iOS apps, modified games, tweaked apps, Cydia tweaks and more. With support for all iOS devices on iOS 7 and above, it is free to use and doesn’t need a jailbreak. Read on for all the details.
How to Download AppValley on iOS
Downloading AppValley is quite easy to do; here are the steps:
- Open the official AppValley VIP download page from Safari browser
- Tap on the Configuration Profile download button to let it download to your iPhone or iPad
- Tap Install on the app info page – this gives the profile permission to be installed on your device
- Go to your home screen – if the process indicator reads “Waiting”, tap it and the installation will begin
- Wait; the app icon appears on your home screen when the installation is done
How to Use AppValley
AppValley is so simple to use. After installing it on your iPhone or iPad:
- Open it by tapping on the app icon
- Pick one of the app categories – see Features
- Have a look through the category or use the search box to find an app or game
- Tap on it and then tap the Install option
- Wait; when the app is installed you can start using it
AppValley App Features
AppValley offers thousands of apps and games in four distinct categories:
- App Store – lots of apps and games, including premium ones, from the official store
- Exclusive – unofficial content – emulators, screen recorders, streaming apps, and other Cydia tweaks
- Tweaked – stock apps modified with new features
- Modified – modified games with all in-app purchases unlocked for free
How to Delete AppValley
If you run into trouble with AppValley or you just don’t like it, delete it from your device in one of these two ways:
Method 1: Deleting the App Profile
- Open Settings>General>Profiles & Device Management
- Tap the AppValley profile in the list
- Tap Trust and close Settings – the app will be deleted
Method 2: Deleting the App Icon
- Tap and hold the app icon until it starts wiggling
- Tap the cross in the top corner of the icon
- A popup message appears, tap Delete
- AppValley will be gone
Frequently Asked Questions:
We get asked a lot of questions about the installer; these are the most common:
Is it Safe?
Yes, it is. AppValley doesn’t need any special permissions or methods to download and, unlike Cydia, it doesn’t require root access. Because it isn’t hacking into the iOS it is safe to use, doesn’t leave any holes for external threats and is fully secured with SSL encryption. Regular updates ensure it stays safe too.
Will My Warranty Be Safe?
Yes, for all the reasons mentioned above. Apple cannot void your warranty for using a legal and safe app that doesn’t break their security rules. However, if you are using a tweak that makes your device work differently, they may cancel your device warranty. The easiest option to avoid this is to remove the tweak if your device needs attention at an Apple Store.
What Do I Do About The Untrusted Developer Error?
This error appears with all unofficial content when you try to use it the first time – it’s easy to solve. When you get the error message, make a note of the developer name in it:
- Open Settings on your device
- Tap on General > Profiles
- Tap the app/game name in the profiles list
- Tap on Trust – AppValley will work without error
An easy way to avoid this error from occurring is to do the above steps straight after installing AppValley before you attempt to use it.
AppValley is one of the best unofficial app stores, a great alternative to Cydia and to the official iOS app store. With so many apps, games, and tweaks, it is one of the most comprehensive installers, with support for a wide range of devices.
It’s free to download, does not require you to jailbreak, so try it now and see how you get on with it; tell us what you think of it and follow us on Facebook for more AppValley news.