Safety in today’s world is often taken for granted. People forget it plays a vital role in our well-being. We can all agree that an adult should be able to take care of themselves and know when they are safe or not. But what about the children? We live in a world today that is being controlled by the internet, which is readily accessible to virtually anyone regardless of age. You’ll see a 5-year old kid who owns a Facebook account and can literally surf the internet.
The internet as we know it to be is full of enormous contents. Some of these contents are harmful to the well-being of our children and at that stage of their life, they should not have access to such contents. Nothing is perfect in life and neither is the internet, which has its upside and downside.
Just like contents displayed on cable networks, there is a parental control software put in place to make sure parent can determine which channels their kids get to watch or are exposed to.
But what about the children’s smartphone, who is controlling the type of content they access on the internet with the device? Well, am here to tell you today, that you can control the type of contents your children access on the internet.
FamiSafe App Review
FamiSafe App is one of the many parental control app available right now for the safety and well-being of your children. It is an app that helps to track your kid’s phone location with features like geofencing, app monitoring and blocking, web content filtering, and remote screen time control. As parents, it makes parenting an easier job, in the days when kids are often tempted to spend too much time on cell phones.
Want to know more about this parental control app? Then stay with me.
Famisafe App Features
- Real-time Location Tracking: This app can help you track your kid’s location with its location-share feature. Know where your kid is in real-time and be at alert.
- View Location history: Not only can you track your kid’s location, but you can also track their location history. The app tells you where they have been and at what time they were there.
- Explicit Content Detection: This app enables you to connect to your kid’s social media account e.g Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. See what they are doing on social media or if they are suffering from cyberbullying.
- Suspicious Photos Detection: You’ll be alert when there is a ‘suspicious’ photo on your kid’s device.
- Geofences: This is you building a geographical fence and making it a safe zone. The app will alert once your kid enters a geographical area not marked as a safe zone by you.
- App Monitoring: As the name implies, monitor how your kid use apps on their device. Get to know the most frequently used apps, which apps are installed or uninstalled e.t.c.
- App Blocker: Block apps you don’t want your kid to have access to during certain hours of the day. When it’s bed or study time, FamiSafe blocks apps set by you from opening. Let’s not lie to ourselves, smartphone and internet generally are very addictive.
- Web Content Blocking Filtering: Filter through a whole bunch of contents from the website and pre-block when necessary.
- Web Browser Monitoring: Monitor your kid’s browser history and check for harmful contents they might have been exposed to such as porn videos.
- Screen Time Tracking and Control: Set screen time and restrict your kids from using their phones during bed or study time. Also, get to know how long they use their phone in a day.
- Flexible Remote Control & Personalization Setting: You don’t need to get hold of your kid’s phone to make any settings or changes. With the flexible remote control, you can do everything on your own device.
How to use FamiSafe App
Now that you have seen the features of FamiSafe and probably intrigued by it, let’s show you how to use this wonderful parental control app. FamiSafe is available on both Android and iOS devices and features in-app purchases.
- Go to Google playstore or Apple’s AppStore and search ‘FamiSafe’.
- Download and install the app on both your device and your kid’s device.
- After installation, proceed to register a FamiSafe account on your own device.
- Then login your account on the FamiSafe app downloaded on your kid’s device and choose the role as “Kid”.
- Make your desired settings with the help of the app instructions.
- Then on your own device, log in to FamiSafe and choose the role as “Parent”. You should be able to track and monitor your kid’s device. And also remotely make any parental control settings of your choosing.
FamiSafe Subscription plans
A lot of people probably won’t be happy to know that FamiSafe isn’t free. Although the app offers a 3-days trial for new users, it offers a subscription-based service. They currently have three different subscription periods; $9.99/Monthly, $19.99/Quarterly and $59.99/Yearly.
FamiSafe App Review: Summary
Overall, FamiSafe is a fantastic parental control app. The only downside is the app is the subscription and not being able to track call details on the device. But I think most parents will agree that $59.99 a year isn’t so much to pay for the safety and well-being of their kids. Parenting is such a difficult and heavy job, and FamiSafe helps you bear the burden to a degree. It still doesn’t mean you will leave the parenting of your child to FamiSafe, the app is just a helping hand.