Does Facebook keep crashing on your phone and you want to know how to fix it? Are you browsing on your Facebook app and suddenly it stops and says “Unfortunately Facebook has stopped”, or even worse? Don’t panic that your Facebook app keeps stopping whenever you launch it as we’ll be showing you ways to fix it. Facebook has over two billion users and I can guarantee you that you aren’t the first person it will happen to nor the last.
Here are ways how to fix Facebook keeps crashing error on your phone
Update the Facebook App
You’ve to be sure that you’re using the latest version of the Facebook app. It could be that the Facebook version you’re currently using has been infected with bugs causing the app to keep crashing. A simple way to get rid of this bug is to update to the latest version of Facebook. If you’re using an Android phone, you can update the Facebook app from the Google play store;
• Launch the Google play store app.
• Go to the menu located at the top-left corner and click on “My Apps & Games” to view available updates.
• Scroll and locate the Facebook app update. Click on the “update” button next to the Facebook app.
• If you’re unable to find the Facebook app from this list, this means that you’re currently using the latest version.
Close Every Running App
Sadly, the Facebook app is notorious for crashing when you’ve too many apps running in the background. This is why if Facebook keeps crashing on your phone and you want to know how to fix it, you should probably try to close every running app in the background. Facebook is a heavy app in terms of file size and in most cases, your phone won’t be able to run it smoothly alongside other apps especially if you’re using a low RAM device. You can clear all background apps on your Android phone by;
• Click on the “squared” button from the navigation bar, it is usually the button on the left-hand side.
• Once every running app on your phone is displayed you can close them by tapping the “close” button which is usually in form of an “X” shape.
• Now go back and open the Facebook app to see if the “Facebook has stopped” issue is still showing up.
Reboot or Restart your Phone
If the issue is still showing up after you’ve close all running apps, then you need to reboot/restart your phone. Restarting your Android phone can solve a lot of problems software-wise and it doesn’t take long for the whole process to happen. All you have to do is long-press the “power” button on the right-hand side of your phone, once a menu comes up, tap on “reboot” or “restart”. Then allow a few minutes for your phone to off and boot right back up.
Clear Cache and Data for your Facebook App
If at this point, the issue persists, then you should clear cache and data for your Facebook app. Yes, this can be one of the reasons why Facebook keeps crashing on your phone and we’ll tell you how to fix it. If you’re not aware, every app cache some data temporarily that they use to run smooth and work efficiently. At times, the app can mistakenly cache a bug that will end up affecting its performance. So to get rid of a potential bug in your Facebook app, clear both the cache and data. Not to worry, clearing of cache and data is not a complicated thing to do, just follow the guidelines below;
• Go to “Settings” and select “Apps & Notifications”
• Click on “Manage Apps”, locate and select Facebook from the list of available apps.
• From there, you should see “Clear Data”, click on it, and clear both the cache and data of the Facebook app.
• After doing that, go back to the app drawer, open the Facebook app and log in to your account to see if the issue has been fixed.