Did you suddenly stop getting notifications for your Instagram? And you are looking for how to fix Instagram notifications not working issues on your phone? Not to worry, we’ll be discussing ways you can use to fix the notification issue on Instagram in today’s post. The notification feature is one of the coolest things about Instagram. And without it, a user won’t receive notification for DM, live stream, new like, or even comments. So below, let’s show you different guides on how to fix the notifications.
Steps to Fix Instagram notifications
The Push Notifications Settings
First of all, you need to ensure that your Instagram notifications are enabled in both your phone’s setting and the application. If you got the phone from someone, it could be that the person doesn’t want to receive such notifications hence why they disabled it. So if you’re interested in getting Instagram notifications, you’ll need to enable the push notification settings. To do enable it, follow the guide below;
- Open the “Settings” app on your phone.
- Scroll and select on “Apps & Notifications”
- Click “Manage Apps” or “Apps info” to view all your applications.
- Now locate and click on the “Instagram” app. Then tap on “Notifications”.
- You should see all the Instagram notifications arranged in categories, so go through them and enable the notifications you’ll like to receive.
Sadly, the job is not done yet after enabling the notification on your phone’s settings. You’ll need to ensure the notifications are enabled in the Instagram app too. You can do this by following the guidelines below;
- Open the Instagram app
- Click on your Profile, then tap the menu icon in the top-right corner.
- Select “Settings”, then tap “Notifications”.
- You should see all the notifications that can be customized, so go through them and enable the notifications you’ll like to be receiving.
Clear Storage Data and Cache
Next on how to fix Instagram notifications not working issues is to clear storage data and cache. It could be that the stored cache is corrupted or full hence why you are not receiving any new notifications. So clearing the storage data and cache will delete the corrupted ones and also empty the tank making way for a new cache to come in thereby allowing you to receive Instagram notifications. You can clear your phone’s storage data and cache by following the guide below;
- Locate Instagram in your app drawer.
- Long-press (press & hold for a few seconds) the Instagram app until it shows the options and tap on “App info”.
- Then select “Storage & Cache”.
- Click on “Clear Storage and Cache”. This will log you out of Instagram to make sure you remember your username and password.
- After that, open the Instagram app, log in and check if you can receive a notification.
Check Do Not Disturb (DND) Mode
One of the things to check when you stop receiving Instagram notifications is the Do Not Disturb (DND) mode. This is a mode that once enabled, will cut off all notification channels. The name of the mode is self-explanatory. You don’t want to be disturbed, so the mode ensures that you don’t receive any notification. So if you would like to receive Instagram and other apps notifications, turn off the DND mode by going to Settings >> Sounds >> Do Not Disturb and disable it.
Disable Power-Saving Mode.
Just like the DND mode, the power-saving mode is worth checking if you’re looking for how to fix Instagram notifications, not working issues. If the power-saving mode is enabled, it means that the system is trying to conserve battery life which means it stops any incoming notifications. In case you don’t know, receiving notifications is drains your battery life. But if you can handle that, then you can disable the power-saving mode by going to Settings >> Battery >> Battery Saver >> Toggle OFF.