After what seemed like an eternity without a new smartphone from Gionee, they’ve finally introduced a new budget smartphone and it is a good one for the price. The new smartphone is called the Gionee P10m and has a 6.08-inch display with a waterdrop notch, 1GB of RAM which runs Android 8.1 Oreo Go Edition with 16GB of internal storage.
It also has a dual rear camera setup at the back, a single camera at the front and a 4,000mAh battery on the inside charged with keeping the lights turned on. Let’s find out more.
Gionee P10m Key Specs
- 1 Gionee P10m Key Specs
- 2 Gionee P10m Design And Display
- 3 Gionee P10m Camera Review
- 4 Gionee P10m Performance
- 5 Battery and Connectivity
- 6 Gionee P10m Price and Availability
- 7 Gionee P10m Full Specifications
- 8 Design
- 9 Display
- 10 Software and performance
- 11 Camera
- 12 Network and Connectivity
- 13 Battery
- 14 Price and Availability
- 6.08-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 600 x 1280 pixels
- Android 8.1 Oreo (Go Edition), 1GB Of RAM
- MediaTek MT6580A, Quad-core 1.3GHz
- 16GB built-in storage
- 8MP + 8MP rear camera and 5MP selfie camera.
- 4,000mAh non-removable battery
Gionee P10m Design And Display
Gionee P10m is made of plastic which isn’t surprising given its price. The design looks like a typical 2019 smartphone with a dual-camera setup at the back along with the LED flash and fingerprint sensor for biometric unlock.
Also, the 6.08-inch display at the front is also rocking the trendy 19:9 aspect ratio with a notch housing the front-facing camera and a screen-to-body ratio of more than 89%. However, it does have a slightly bigger chin and thicker bezels all around than most other smartphones.
The device weighs 184.5 grams and seems to come in just the Black Colour, at least for now. There is also a dual SIM slot, none of which supports 4G LTE and a microSD card slot for additional storage.
Gionee P10m Camera Review
Nothing really spectacular about the camera setup on the Gionee P10m. It has a total of 3 cameras; two at the back and one tucked snuggly in that notch. The one in the notch for selfies is a single 5MP shooter while the two at the back comprises of an 8MP main shooter and another secondary 8MP shooter. Features of the rear camera include the LED flash for low light photography and the ability to shoot 1080p videos at 30fps.
Gionee P10m Performance
Inside the device is the Mediatek MT6580A SoC which has a Quad-core processor clocked at 1.3GHz with a Mali GPU for both graphics and games. 1GB of RAM handled multitasking and runs the Go Edition Of Android 8.1 Oreo very well. It also has 16GB of internal storage which can be expanded further via the microSD card slot available of up to 64GB.
Battery and Connectivity
The 4,000mAh on the Gionee P10m is perhaps one of the highlights of this device. Unfortunately, it doesn’t have fast charging which is a bumper for a smartphone in 2019.
It also doesn’t have 4G LTE connectivity. However, it does have other features such as WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth, GPS, a 3.5mm jack and a MicroUSB port for charging and file transfer.
Gionee P10m Price and Availability
Gionee P10m is also available right now and can be purchased at various online for just N24,800.
Gionee P10m Full Specifications
- Dimension: N/A
- Material: Plastic
- Weight: 184.5grams
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 6.08-inch
- Screen Resolution: 19:9, 600 x 1280pixels,
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 8.1 Oreo (Go Edition)
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6580A, Quad-core 1.3GHz
- RAM: 1GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 16GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 64GB
- Back Camera: 8MP + 8MP – LED flash
- Front Camera: 5MP
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, WiFi direct, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: 2100 MHz
- 4G: No
- Bluetooth: Yes
- USB: Yes, MicroUSB
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes (rear-mounted)
- NFC: Yes
- GPS: Yes
- Sensors: Gravity, Proximity and Light Sensor
- Capacity: 4,000mAh Non-removable
- Type: N/A
- Fast Charging: NIL
- OTG Support: Yes
Price and Availability
- Recommended Retail Price: N24,800
- Availability: Available