Google Pixel smartphones, not just the Pixel 3 have been praised for its exceptional photo output and quality. Although the Google Pixel 3 has only one camera, it still takes better photos with low noise and better HDR+ than some other smartphones with two or even 3 cameras. The reason for this is Google’s camera software which is why developers have been porting the Google camera app from Google Pixel devices to other devices in other to improve the photos taken on other devices.
This has been the trend for a while now with the recently released Samsung Galaxy S10 trio, People wanted to see if the Google camera will actually improve its camera performance or if the Samsung camera is up to the task. Spoiler, it doesn’t.
Google camera has been finally ported and tested on the Samsung S10, S10+ and S10e thanks to the developers Arnova8G2 and Cstark27 at XDA. The results of the Google camera showed a little improvement and helps with overexposed shots on the stock Samsung camera. It also produces better HDR+ images with a significant difference in details and colour accuracy. Also, Google’s Night Sight totally blew away Samsung equivalent – Bright Sight – which is anything but bright. You can head over to the XDA page to see the side by side comparison of the Samsung camera app and the Google camera app.
How To Download Pixel 3 Camera Port On Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+ & S10e
The procedure below is for all Samsung Galaxy S10 trio that has received the day one software update which you should have received and Installed. If you haven’t, then you’ll need to check for updates via the Settings Menu and Update. After doing that or if you’re already on the new update then follow the steps below.
Note: This procedure is only for the Snapdragon Variant of the Samsung Galaxy S10 Series. Please, don’t try this step on the Exynos Variant.
- First, Download the Latest Google Camera Apk Here. Big thanks to Arnova8G2 and Cstark27 for this.
- Install the Google Camera apk. You might need to allow Installation of apps from unknown sources in the settings menu if you haven’t done that before.
- Next, Download the config files Here for the saved settings.
- Using an Unzipper App, Extract the downloaded config files to Internal Storage/GCam/Configs/
- Now Launch the Google camera app and double tap on the black area next to the shutter button and select s10csMar2.xml then hit Restore.
- Quit the Google camera and re-launch the app and you’re good to go.
Google camera is a must-have for everything Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+ and S10 Plus owner as it improves the camera performance with features like Night Sight, HDR+, Portrait Mode and working wide-angle mode among others.
This is guys on how to download Google Pixel 3 Camera port on Samsung Galaxy S10 Series