In this post, we will be looking at how to fix app not installed on Android phone. At some point you might’ve experienced the “App Not Installed” annoying pop-up from the Google Play Store or other sources when trying to download an app. This is issue is quite common on Android devices running on KitKat, Lollipop, Jellybean and Marshmallow. But what are the possible reasons for the error of installation? Lets find out below.
How to fix app not installed on Android
Why Am I Getting App Not Installed
- This maybe because the app build may have corrupted or some of the core files have been modified knowingly or unknowingly. The app requires a lot of permissions so an error might have occurred.
- Maybe you’re installing an unsigned app.
- Gradle file: The app might not be suitable for your device.
How To Fix App Not Installed Error
There are a lot of things you can do to fix that, but we will be letting you know the best solutions. You can try any of the methods below.
1. Change App Codes
You can alter the app codes by changing it, to do that follow the steps below.
- Download APK Editor app from Google Play Store Here.
- Open the APK Editor App and click on ”Select APK from APP” or “Select an Apk File”
- Look for the App and click on “Common edit”
- You can now change the Install Location to any other option to suit your device or change the Version Code of the App to an older one.
- Go ahead and apply the changes in APK Editor App.
- Make sure you uninstall any similar pre-installed app and install the modified App from APK Editor.
2. Reset All the App Preference
- To reset all app preference, simply follow the steps.
- Go to Settings app on Android.
- Click on Apps or Apps manager.
- Make sure you check all Apps.
- You can tap on the menu icon to ‘Reset App Preferences’.
3. Sign the Unsigned App
- In this method, you have to sign the unsigned apps. Follow the steps below to do that.
- Install ZipSigner from Google Play Store Here.
- Launch the app.
- You will see the app dashboard. Click on Choose input/output and locate the apk file.
- Select ‘Sign the file’.
- After signing, go ahead and install the signed apk.
4. Try using an older version of the App
The latest version of the App may not be supported by your device. In this case, you have to download an older APK version of the App from the internet.
5. Don’t Install from SD Card
This is another thing you should know if you’re looking for how to fix app not installed on Android phone. The app installer might not completely parse the package from an mounted storage. So you have to move the file to the internal storage before installing.
6. Clear Data and Cache of the Installer
Your installer might be loading a cached page. You can clear the data of your Installer by following the steps below.
- Go to settings.
- Click on the Apps or Manage apps tab.
- Look for the Package Installer App under System Apps.
- You will find two option to either Clear data and Clear cache. (Android Marshmallow 6.0 users can check for option “Storage” to clear data and cache).
- Go ahead and clear the data and cache.
7. Allow Apps from Unknown Sources
Have you allowed apps from Unknown Sources for your device? Simply follow the steps below to do that. Go to Settings>Security>Unknown Sources>Enable Unknown Sources.
8. For Rooted Devices
If you have a rooted phone then you can try the steps below.
- Download and open any root explorer app on your rooted device.
- Copy the Apk.
- Go to System>App and grant permissions to the app.
- The App should be installed on your device.
These are how to fix app not installed on Android. Alternatively, you can clear storage/set path, uninstall all previous versions of the app or apps with same resemblance. Also try freeing up some space, uninstall unnecessary apps.