If you’ve been occasionally hit with that “Unfortunately Google Play services has stopped error then you would know how annoying it is. However, you shouldn’t panic as there a couple of methods you can use to fix Unfortunately Google play services has stopped which we will be outlining in this article.
If you don’t already know, Google play services are like the foundation on which other Google apps run on. So without Google Play services functioning properly or stopping occasionally, other Google apps may begin to misbehave which isn’t good for your android device. So for other Google apps to run smoothly, Google play services need to be up and running which is why the problem needs to be fixed as soon as possible.
Simply Ways to fix Unfortunately Google Play Store services has stopped error
1. Update your Google Play Services
The number one cause of the issue on most Android devices is usually an outdated Google Play services app. Normally, the app is meant to update itself automatically, just like the Google Play store app, provided you have a stable internet connection. However, if for some reason it doesn’t auto update then you’d have to do it manually. To do that, you’ll have followed the outlined steps below.
- Launch the Google Play store App, Click on the three lines at the top Left side of the screen and Select “My Apps and Games” in the left Menu/Column.
- When you get to the My apps and Games Menu, Look for the Google Play services app and hit update.
- Alternatively, you can use the search bar up top to search for the Google Play Services and Update it.
If after updating Google Play services or you find out that it is already up-to-date and you’re still getting the “unfortunately Google Play services has stopped” error message then you’ll need to try the next step.
2. Clear Cache Of Google Play Services
Clearing the cache of the Google Play Services has also been known to fix the problem since the cache date holds some information which when cleared can significantly affect the app for the better. To clear Google Play Services cache data, you’ll have to follow the steps below.
- Open the Settings Menu of your phone by clicking on the Settings App.
- Navigate to All Apps section and Click on the Google Play services from the list.
- Now, Click on force stop option and also Click on the Clear Cache option.
After doing that, reboot your device and see if the problem persists. If it doesn’t then the problem have been fixed, if it doesn’t then you don’t need to worry as we will have some more methods for you to try out.
3. Re-install the Google Play services updates
The problem causing this error might be from a bug in one of the updates which is why it is recommended that you uninstall the updates and install a fresh new update to fix the problem which has reportedly been working for some people facing this issue. Follow the steps be to do that.
- First, you’ll have to go to the Settings Menu of your android device and Select Security >> Device administrator and Deactivate android manager.
- After doing that, you can now go back to the application manager/All apps, Select Google Play Services and Uninstall Updates.
- Next, Go back to Security >> Device administrator and activate android manager which will automatically install fresh updates for the Google Play services.
If all of the above methods don’t work for you and you’re still experiencing the Unfortunately Google Play services has stopped error then you would have no choice but to factory reset your device as it has been known to fix the problem. If you plan on factory resetting your device then be sure to back up your important data as this process will wipe off everything on your smartphone.