It’s no news that apps cannot be hidden on iOS devices such as the iPhone and iPad. However, in this guide, we will be showing you some tips and tricks to help you better hide those apps you don’t want other people to see when they pick up your phone. Now, there are multiple ways to go about this and we will be talking about each one here in this guide. Without wasting any more of your time, let’s get right down to it.
How To Hide Apps Using Folders
The most popular ways to hide apps on iOS devices which you might or might not have heard before is using a new or rarely used folder. This doesn’t actually hide the app per se but it shoves it far away from the home screen to place people wouldn’t think to go or typically go to when they get hold of your device. To do this, simply follow the steps below.
- First, you need to create a folder or choose an already existing folder with lots of rarely used apps in it like the Utility folder.
- Once you’ve created the folder or seen a folder you’ll like to use, simply long press and drag the app you would like to hide to the designated folder.
- Now Open the folder then again, Long Press and drag the app you want to hide to the right which creates a second page in the folder. Make sure you have up to 9 apps, excluding the one you want to hide in the folder as the first 9 apps are sheen from the home screen if they look close enough.
- You can also put at least one app per page in the folder and take the app you want to hide to the last page (up to 12 pages) which makes it more difficult to locate.
How To Hide Apps Using iPhone Search
iPhone search lets you search your whole phone for anything you have on it which obviously will show an app even if you hide it in a folder. That is of course if they know which app to look for. However, you can stop a particular app from coming up when searched on your phone. To do this, simply follow the steps below.
- Access the Settings Menu on your iPhone or iPad and Click on Siri & Search.
- Now look for the app you want to hide from the list of apps you have installed on your phone, Click on the app and toggle off “Siri & suggestions” as well as “Show App”
- Going back to the app list will show the “Off” underneath the app which means it won’t pop up when searched. To reverse the whole thing, you can follow the same steps and turn on “Siri & Suggestions” and “Show App”.
How To Delete Pre-installed Apps
If you would like to delete pre-installed apps on your iPhone or iPad then you’d be happy to know that you can, sort of. You can delete some apps like news, stocks, notes and more but you can’t delete apps like camera, photos, clock and more. To know which app you can delete, long press any pre-installed app. After like 2 secs, you’ll see an “x” on top of some apps, those are the apps you can delete while those without the “x” on top of them can’t be deleted.
Even for those apps, you can delete, you aren’t actually deleting then as you’re only removing the app icon from your home screen and the data is still on your device. You can re-install any app you delete by Downloading them from the Apple app store.
These are the methods you can use to hide apps on your iOS device. If you have other ways you use to hide apps on your iPhone or iPad, be sure to let us know through the comment section down below. Also, if you have any questions, feel free to ask using the comment section below.