Facebook Messenger is the messaging app for Facebook. It operates as a stand-alone app where you can text and video chat for free.
Messenger features three simple tabs; People, Chat and Discover. The people tab is used to find friends on the platform both old and new. The chat tab gives you quick access to all your messages. While the discover tab lets you connect with brands of your interest. Today, we’ll be showing you how to log out of Facebook messenger.
Have you ever tried logging out of the Facebook messenger? You’ll notice there is no “log out” button on the app. Well, that’s how Facebook wants it. I remember when I was using it and wanted to log out. I couldn’t find any logout button, so I ended up uninstalling the app from your device. Don’t be like me, there are few tricks that will enable you to log out easily.
How to log out of Facebook Messenger on Android – Easily Steps
Below is how you can log out of Facebook messenger on an Android device;
- Go to your Android device’s “Settings”
- Scroll and select the “Apps settings”. This will show you the list of all your installed apps.
- Scroll down, until you see the “Facebook Messenger” app, then click on it.
- You’re now in the Facebook Messenger app information page. Tab the “Clear data” button you see on the page.
- This function will clear all your saved information on the Facebook Messenger including your login details. You’ll need to log-in when next you open the messenger app.
How to log out of Facebook Messenger on iOS
Unfortunately for iOS users, you can not log out of the Facebook messenger. The iOS platform doesn’t support the clearing of data, unlike the Android platform. Your best bet is to logout from Facebook app itself. Follow the steps below to do that;
- Open the Facebook app on your iOS device
- Click on the “Menu” button at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Scroll down to “Settings & Privacy”, click on it.
- Then select “Security and Login”
- Go to the section labelled “Where You’re Logged In”. It will show you a list of devices where you’re logged to Facebook.
- In front of the device is a “three dots” icon, click on it.
- Select the “Log Out” option.
How to log out of Facebook Messenger on windows
Just like on iOS, Windows users will need to log out of messenger through the Facebook website. To do this, follow the easy steps below;
- On a web browser, visit www.facebook.com
- If you’re not logged in, then log in to your account you want to disconnect from the messenger.
- At the top right side is a “down arrow” button, click on it to show the dropdown menu.
- From the dropdown menu, select “Settings”.
- Click on “Security and Login”
- Go to the “Where You’re Logged In” section.
Choose the device wish to disconnect from Facebook messenger. There is a “three dots” icon in front of the device, click on it and select “Log out”. This will disconnect your Facebook messenger from that device.
These are the easy steps on how to log out of Facebook messenger on Android, iOS and Windows devices. Let us know if you have any problem logging out your Facebook messenger account.