This article provides you with a guide on how to schedule text messages on iPhone. There are several reasons for scheduling text messages on your iPhone to be sent at a later time. And some of these include the need to ensure you don’t forget to send important messages for a key event and date scheduling greetings for family and friend on their birthday, as a reminder for your children’s birthday. You might also need to use the feature as a reminder for your anniversary, or for romantic good morning or good night messages and holiday.
How to Schedule Text Messages on iPhone
Scheduling text messages also comes handy for businesses to send messages, report, or as a reminder to a client for a meeting or to groups of contacts to be sent on a specific day. Apparently, this text scheduling feature is still lacking on iPhone and the inbuilt stock messages app are yet relatively limited in the scope of scheduling SMS or iMessages. Two types of third-party apps will be addressed in this article: Free and paid software. You can get the apps from the App Store.
With some of these apps, you can schedule texts and get a reminder when the time is due to send the message manually. However, in the other category, the apps deliver the scheduled message for you automatically at the exact time with no further human interference. Please note that no jailbreaking is needed for the guide herein.
This is one of the various iOS apps which allow you to compose and schedule text messages to be sent at a later date & time. It notifies you to manually send your scheduled text either through SMS, iMessage, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Download Scheduled App from the App Store and install it on your iOS device.
- Launch the App and allow it to send notification and have access to your contact list.
- Click on “Create Message” to begin drafting your scheduled message.
- Next, click the “Select Recipient” button to choose from your contact list one or more recipient.
- Type in your message and click on the “schedule date button”.
- You will be presented with date and time option to select from as well as repeat option to schedule your message daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly. “Don’t Repeat” option is also available to cancel repeat.
- Finally, click the “Schedule message” button to save your scheduled message.
- You will receive a notification on the scheduled date and time. Press the notification to launch the Scheduled app and click on “Send Using”. Pick your preferred sending choice from the options presented.
This App leverages its services on the use of a private server to provide the needed automation of delayed text messages on the specific date and time but at a cost. Apart from SMS, you can also automatically schedule emails, Facebook status, Twitter, etc. Delayed gives you 50 free credits upon downloading the app for the first time, and when this is exhausted, you will be required to pay for credits after that. You can get 50 credits for $0.99 and as much as 500 credits for like $3.99.
- Download Delayed App from the App Store and install it on your iOS device.
- Compose your text message and click the “Schedule” button to set the time and date.
- You may also wish to have a repeat of the message at various intervals using the recurring option.
- Immediately the message is delivered, a notification message will be sent to you.
- Remember to include your contact or name at the end of the text because the Delayed app uses its own server to complete the process through its system-generated number.