Here I will be showing you the easiest ways to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone. So you’ve finally made the decision to switch over to iPhone from Android. Or you have an Android and recently got an iPhone or you have any other reason for wanting to move or transfer your contacts from your android to iPhone then the good news is that it can be done.
Android is a pretty open source operating system while iOS is a closed operating system. If it was the other way around then it might be a little be tedious but since we’re looking to move contacts from Android device to an iPhone then the processing is pretty simple and straightforward.
This is because Apple has taken it upon themselves to Create a tool in form of an app which should help you make the move easily from your android smartphone to an iPhone. The app is available for download on the Google Play Store and is free to use.
However, there are some requirements that need to be met. First things first, you’ll need to make sure that your Android device is running version 4.0 or higher of the Android operating system. Also, your iOS device should also be running iOS 9 or higher which includes iPhone 5 or later.
If both devices meet the requirements in terms of operating system then you can go ahead and connect the two device to the same WiFi network. After that, you’ll need to make sure both devices have enough power or keep them plugged in through the process. You should also make sure that the iPhone receiving the contacts have enough space to take the contacts you’re about to transfer. Once all that have been done, we can now get down to business.
How to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone
Like I said earlier, Apple has provided a tool solely for this purpose and that is the tool we’re going to be using here. So first, head to the Google Play store on your Android device, Search for “Move to iOS” app and download it. You can as well download from Apple Store here.
- Now, on your iPhone Click on the “Move Data from Android” in the setup Menu. If you’ve already setup your device then unfortunately, you’ll have to erase your iPhone and start the setup process again. Don’t forget to backup your files to the cloud if you going to erase your smartphone.
- On your android, Open the newly downloaded “Move to iOS” app and Click on Continue.
- Agree to the terms and conditions of the app.
- After agreeing to the term and condition of the app, you’ll be presented with a “Find your code” Message.
- At this point a ten digit or six digit code will come up on your iPhone screen. (If the code doesn’t come up on your iPhone then you mostly Haven selected the “move data from android”, do that.)
- Input the code shown on your iPhone in the space provided on your android. If the code you entered is correct, the next page will ask you to choose the content you would like to transfer.
- Select contacts (you can also select photos, videos etc) and once you’re done selecting the content to transfer, Hit Next.
- If you’re transferring only contacts then the process shouldn’t take long, other files might take longer if it had a much bigger file size.
Note: Once the transfer starts, both devices shouldn’t go off for any reason and should left alone until the bar on the iPhone (Not android) is full and completed.
That’s by far the easiest way to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone. You can also use it to transfer other files. Of course there are other ways to go about this but this is simply and straightforward plus the app used is developed by iOS exactly for this.