Have you ever stopped and stayed at a train station before? And the sound from an oncoming train makes you want to put some earplugs on? Or scurry out to find a quieter place? Or perhaps you are stuck in traffic and the driver behind you keep honking unnecessarily behind you, despite the thick jam? Extremely annoying right?
Maybe in another case it’s the man beside you incessantly tapping the table close to you and all you want to do is just YELLLL at him to STOP! These experiences are never far from the one’s you get when typing on your iPhone X. By default, when you type with your iPhone X’s keyboard, it makes an annoying clicking sound.
Some users hugely admire and enjoy the sound it makes when they tap any character on their iPhone X screen. However, if you are the other lot who gets vexed each time it blares out from your iPhone X speakers, just like us, then you are definitely in the right place.
No need to panic about how to turn that disturbing sound off. It’s easy and we have got you covered!
In this step by step guide, we will show you how to turn off your iPhone X keyboard noises. You can turn off this disturbing feature in three ways, however.
Read on to find out how!
Turn Off Keyboard Sound Using the Mute Button
This is the easiest way to turn off your iPhone X keyboard clicks. But, by default, when you use the Mute button on your iPhone X, unfortunately, it affects the rest of the iOS.
To use this feature, you can find the mute button on the top left-hand side of your iPhone X, just above the volume buttons.
- Slide the mute key to the right or downward to deactivate silent mode.
- Slide the mute key left or upward to activate silent mode, muting all sounds.
However effective this is, it mutes every sound on your device when activated, including videos, music, game audio, and ring tone alerts. We both know you enjoy your device, without having these sounds which makes it an imperfect solution. It means you will have to use the Mute rocker every time you type on your keyboard.
Turn off Keyboard Sound Using Volume Controls
By default, your keyboard sound is embedded into the rest of your iPhone’s iOS volume settings.
You can reduce the volume completely through this medium, and here’s how.
- You need to access your device’s Control centre. To find this, swipe down from the top-right corner of the screen. Then, use the volume slider. Slide down to reduce the volume. Likewise, slide up to restore.
- Just like using the Mute button, when you use your iPhone X volume slider, it de-activates and activates every other sound on your device, including the one from your keyboard. So you won’t be able to watch or listen to videos or music audio.
Turn off Keyboard Sound via Settings
This third option is actually the best way to turn down the irritating clicks from your iPhone X keyboard. Unlike the others which affect your device’s entire audio system, this one doesn’t.
Here is out to turn off your keyboard clicks using settings.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone X.
- Tap on “Sounds”
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen to find “Keyboard clicks”
- Toggle or switch “Keyboard clicks” to “Off” position
- Close the settings app, and return to home screen.
When you use the “Settings” option, you have total control over muting your iPhone X keyboard clicks, without having to worry about muting your device’s audio system. That wasn’t hard after all, was it? Was this article helpful? Let us know in the comments section below.