See step by step guide on how to use Animoji on iPhone X. Apple’s latest flagship, the iPhone X was launched in November 2017. The $1000 smartphone comes with a brand new feature, the Animoji. A facial mapping with animals via the TrueDepth camera.
The new feature has been buzzing the internet since its launch, and everyone wants to learn how to do it. In this article, I will be taking you through the step by step guide on how to use Animoji feature on your iPhone X. But before I do that, you need to know what Animoji really is and what it’s all about.
How to use Animoji on iPhone X
What is Animoji?
Animoji like the name suggests simply means animals plus emojis, an animated emoji perhaps. But where do humans fit in all this? Apple implemented human’s facial and vocal expressions to the Animoji. You can only do this with the iPhone X because it uses the phone’s TrueDepth camera.
The selfie camera front, facing sensors and projectors will map out your face and mix it with animals and cartoons. Mostly are Monkey, a Robot, Unicorn and other animals. The cartoon and animal facial muscles will mimic with that of yours in real time. You can record up to ten seconds of animated messages and send to friends and family, want to know how? Follow these simple steps.
Step by step guide on how to use Animoji on iPhone X
- Open up an existing message or start a new one.
- Click on the app logo to the left of the “iMessage” inscription.
- Select the little monkey icon.
- Choose the Animoji face you want to use
- Hold your iPhone X close to your face, just like when you want to use the Face ID unlock.
- Make sure your iPhone X to your face is not more than 10-20 inches.
- If you see a yellow box around the Animoji, then you need to adjust your phone’s angle so it can track your face.
- Make some funny facial expressions to make sure the Animoji is tracking your face
- Click on the record button at the bottom right to start your message. Your voice will be recorded too not just your face.
- Click the stop button whenever you are done, you have only ten seconds
- You can play your Animoji with the refresh button to see how it looks like. You can also switch to other Animojis with your performance video.
- A send button will pop up so you can send your Animoji, you can add text and stickers as well.
How To Save Animoji
Save your Animoji by tapping and holding on it while in a message thread, then select save. It will automatically be in the video section of your Album.
・Share your Animoji to other social networks as well.
These are the step by step guides on how to use Animoji on iPhone X. Let us know if you can use the Animoji on your iPhone X now. Thanks for stopping by.