The Infinix Hot 6X is a more recent and upgraded version of the other two Infinix Hot 6 Devices namely the Infinix Hot 6 and Infinix Hot 6 Pro. Now asides the slightly bigger display and the obvious notch, what else does the Infinix Hot 6X have to offer? Let’s find out together.
Infinix Hot 6X Key Specs
- 6.2-inch IPS capacitive touchscreen, 720 X 1500 pixels
- Android 8.0 Oreo with 2GB/3GBGB Of RAM
- Quad-core 1.3GHz, Qualcomm Snapdragon 425
- 16GB/32GB built-in storage
- 13MP + 2MP rear camera and 8MP front camera
- 4000mAh non-removable Battery
Asides from the Notch, there is probably nothing else differentiating the Infinix Hot 6X from its other two siblings – Hot 6 and Hot 6 Pro. The Infinix Hot 6X is made of the Polycarbonate plastic material which gives it a more exquisite finish. The device weighs 168g and measures at 8.5mm in thickness which is okay given the huge battery underneath. Just like its other two siblings, it has a fingerprint sensor at the centre of the back and dual rear cameras located vertically at the top left side of the device’s back.
Turning over to the front is where it stands out thanks to the massive 6.2-inch IPS LCD screen with a screen resolution of 1500 X 720 pixels. The device also sports a 19:9 aspect ratio and of course a notch up top to house the front-facing camera, speaker grill and other sensors. At the bottom of the device’s screen is a small chin making it possible for this device to achieve a screen to body ratio of about 87%.
Inside the device is a Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 processor with clock speeds of up 1.3GHz. This is paired with a 2GB/3GB of RAM for multitasking and 16GB/32GB of internal storage with an option to expand it via an onboard MicroSD slot up to 128GB. It runs on Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box with Infinix’s XOS Version 3.3 skin on top.
Things are pretty much the same in the camera segment with previous Hot 6 versions. At the back, there is a dual-camera setup of 13MP + 2MP which means that it is portrait mode ready and can give that bokeh effect. The dual rear cameras have f/1.8 and f/2.4 aperture respectively and a quad-LED flash below the camera to brighten up your low light photos. Turning over to the Selfie camera, there is a single 8MP shooter with f/2.0 aperture which is a slight improvement from the 5MP found on its other siblings. It’s packing an AI beauty Mode which enhances your photos and can also be used for facial recognition even in the dark, thanks to Available LED Flash.
The battery remains the same here with a 4000mAh capacity with quick charge technology for quick top-ups. The device is also 4G LTE ready which can be used on both SIM slots. Other features include Bluetooth v4.2, WiFi and WiFi hotspot, 3.5mm jack and a Micro USB Port.
Infinix Hot 6X Price
As at the time of writing this post, there hasn’t been an official announcement about the pricing of the device but it should be within the price range of N40,000 – N60,000.
Infinix Hot 6X Full Specifications
Design & Display
- Dimension: 156.2 x 75.6 x 8.2 mm
- Material: Polycarbonate Plastic
- Weight: 168 grams
- SIM Dual SIM: (Micro-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 6.2 inch
- Screen Resolution: 19:9 HD+ 1500 x 720 pixels
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 8.1 Oreo
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon, 1.3GHz
- RAM: 2GB/3GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 16GB/32GB
- Card Slot: Yes, microSD, up to 128GB (dedicated slot)
- Rear: 13MP + 2MP – f/1.8 + f/2.4 (autofocus) with LED flash
- Front Camera: 8MP Aperture F2.0 with LED Flash
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: 2100 MHz
- 4G: LTE
- Bluetooth: v4.2
- USB: Yes, Micro USB 2.0
- Loudspeaker Yes
- Audio Jack: 3.5mm
- Sensor: Gravity, Proximity and Light Sensor
- Capacity: 4000 mAh, non-removable with fast charging
- Type: Li-Polymer
- OTG Support: Yes