Infinix Hot 8, the successor to the Infinix Hot 7 is here and here is everything we know thus far regarding its specs as well as its features. According to information we got from India, the device will come with a 6.23-inch IPS LCD display with a notch, a MediaTek Helio P25 SoC, 4GB of RAM, 64GB of expandable storage, triple rear cameras, single front-facing camera, a 5,000mAh battery and of course XOS based on Android 9.0 Pie.
Let’s get to know more.
Infinix Hot 8 Key Specs
- 6.23-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 1080 x 2160 pixels
- Android 9.0 Pie, 4GB Of RAM
- MediaTek Helio P25, Octa-core 2.6GHz
- 64GB built-in storage
- 13MP + 2MP + QVGA rear camera and 8MP selfie camera.
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery
Infinix Hot 8 Design And Display
Infinix Hot line up has always been about cutting the price down to the barest minimum which has been the reason for the plastic back on previous hot devices. This follows suit with a plastic back which a dual rear camera on it and a fingerprint sensor at the usual spot.
For the display, it has a 6.3-inch FHD+ screen with a waterdrop notch housing the front-facing camera and a very small chin down at the bottom. As usual, it has a dual SIM card slot and a dedicated microSD card slot for additional storage.
At the back of the device are the triple camera set-up, a 13MP main sensor and a secondary 2MP depth sensor alongside a QVGA and an LED flash for low light photos. For selfies, you have a single 8MP shooter tucked in the waterdrop notch which also supports face unlock. Both cameras can shoot 1080p videos at 30fps with features like HDR, Panorama and more.
Hardware and Software
A MediaTek Helio P25 powers this device. It is an octa-core processor paired with a Mali-T880 MP2 GPU for graphics. The device has 2/4GB of RAM and 32/64GB of internal storage. No word on any other memory options yet. As for the storage, you can expand it further via the microSD card slot up to 128GB. As expected, it runs Infinix in-house XOS Skin on top of Android 9.0 Pie out of the box.
Battery and Connectivity
Infinix Hot 8 is powered by a 5,000mAh battery which should provide more than a day of use. No word on fast charging support yet. However, there is 4G LTE connectivity, Fingerprint sensor, face unlock, Bluetooth 4.2, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, WiFi Direct, GPS, FM radio, 3.5mm jack and a microUSB port through which you can charge the device and also transfer files to and from the device.
Infinix Hot 8 Price and Availability
Price for the Infinix Hot 8 hasn’t been made official yet but we expect that to out anytime soon.
Infinix Hot 8 Full Specifications
- Dimension: N/A
- Material: Plastic
- Weight: N/A
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 6.23-inch
- Screen Resolution: 19:9, 1080 x 2160 pixels,
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie, XOS
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio P25, Octa-core 2.6GHz
- RAM: 4GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 64GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 128GB (dedicated slot)
- Rear Camera: 13MP + 2MP + QVGA – LED flash
- Front camera: 8MP – FaceID
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, WiFi direct, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: 2100 MHz
- 4G: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- USB: Yes, microUSB
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes (Rear-mounted)
- NFC: No
- GPS: Yes
- Sensors: Gravity, Proximity and Light Sensor
- Capacity: 5,000mAh Non-removable
- Type: Li-Po
- Fast Charging: N/A
- OTG Support: Yes
Price and Availability
Recommended Retail Price: Unknown
Availability: Coming Soon