The Infinix Hot S3 is the official update to the S2 and S2 Pro, which received positive reviews in Africa. The device was unveiled on the 22nd of March in Lagos Nigeria to the Nigerian mobile market.
The Infinix Hot S3 comes with a Full View display just like the Tecno Camon CM. The device offers fast overall performance, boasting of a Qualcomm Snapdragon chip this time around. It will be the second Infinix smartphone to come with Qualcomm Snapdragon processor
Where to buy the Infinix Hot S3
Infinix Hot S3 Key Specs
- Screen Size: 5.65-inch HD+ (720×1440 pixels) 2.5D Full View display
- Camera: 20-megapixel selfie camera and 13-megapixel Rear
- RAM: 3GB RAM
- Memory Status: 32GB storage variant expandable via microSD card (up to 128GB)
- Colours: Sandstone Black and Brush Gold colour options
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 SoC
- GPU: Adreno 505 GPU
- Dual SIM: Yes (Nano)
- Fingerprint sensor: Yes ( Rear Mounted )
- Sensors: Ambient Light sensor, Proximity sensor, G-sensor, and a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Battery: 4000mAh battery with xCharge
INFINIX HOT S3 DESIGN
In terms of design, the device has a plastic back and the rear camera has been moved to the top left. Giving the smartphone a cute and modern look, then the plain and boring look on its predecessor.
[table id=24 /]
It sports a rear fingerprint scanner as well for fast access to the phone and private apps. The phone looks more stunning than other S series smartphone from Infinix. We can’t wait to see what the device looks like when it is launched.
In the display side of things, the Infinix Hot S3 comes with a major reduction in bezels, which the company failed to actualize with the Zero 5. Although, the Infinix S3 might not be as bezel-less as the Galaxy S8 or even the iPhone X. But there is a little reduction in bezels compared to their previous smartphones from the S series.
[table id=26 /]
The 5.7-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen boasts a brilliant HD+ resolution with a much better screen-to-body ratio of around 81%. The pixel per inch density is more than 300, with more than 70% screen to body ratio as well. One innovative feature of the Infinix Hot S3 is the 18:9 aspect ratio and just like the Camon CM, the Infinix S3 is Infinix’s first full view device.
HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE
The device is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 chipset for a faster smartphone experience. More and more smartphone companies are steadily dropping the MediaTek chipsets for Qualcomm’s Snapdragon which is a good thing that Infinix opted for Qualcomm chipset for this device.
The Qualcomm Snapdragon chip on the Infinix S3 is an octa-core processor. The processor should reach a speed of 1.4 GHz, for a smooth ride. In terms of internal storage and RAM, it comes with 32GB and 3GB respectively. Infinix S3 runs on the newer Android 8.0 Oreo operating system out of the box and Infinix’s own XOS 3.0. Again, this is first for Infinix when you look at the number of budget smartphones in the market right now, the Infinix S3 should be the first to come out of the box with Google’s latest operating system.
When it comes to camera quality, Infinix midrange smartphones are known for capturing stunning photos and the S3 won’t disappoint in this regard. Adorning the back of the device is a 13MP rear shooter coupled with a dual-LED flash. For selfies, there’s a single 20MP selfie camera with a soft dual-LED flash as well.
[table id=23 /]
Hot S3 Camera Samples
Infinix Hot S3 Connectivity Option
The Infinix Hot S3 is a dual SIM device that accepts Nano-SIM and Nano-SIM. In terms of connectivity, you have the standard Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, USB OTG, FM, 3G and 4G. Sensors on the phone include Compass Magnetometer, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor and Gyroscope.
Infinix S3 is powered by a Non-Removable Li-Ion 4000mAh battery. It’s too early to tell if it has the fast charging feature, but going with their previous smartphones, this is expected.
Other features options include Bluetooth 4.2, OTG support, Wi-Fi, 4G VoLTE, and a 3.5mm headphone jack. Sensors on the phone include an Ambient Light sensor, Proximity sensor, G-sensor.a
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
Infinix S3 is not yet available at the moment in Nigeria but has been launched in India and is expected to be priced around Rs. 8,999 for the 3GB RAM/32GB ROM and Rs. 10,999 for the 4GB RAM and 64GB ROM. We will update the post for the price in Nigeria as soon as the device is available in the country.
Full Specification Of Infinix S3
- Announced: March 24, 2018 in Nigeria
- Status: Available March. 2018
- Network Technology: GSM / WCDMA / LTE
- 3G Support: Yes
- 4G Support: Yes
- Number of SIM Card: 2 (Nano)
- Dual SIM Support: Yes
- Material Type: Plastic
- Dimensions: 152.30mm x 72.80mm x 8.40mm
- Colour: Gold, Black and Blue
- Weight: 150g
- Screen Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size: 5.7-inch
- Screen Resolution: HD+ (720×1440 pixels)
- Pixel Density: Over 300ppi
- Screen to Body Ratio: 81%
- Operating system: Android 8.0
- Processor: Octa-core 1.4 GHz
- Chipset type: Qualcomm Snapdragon 430
- Graphics Processing Unit: Adreno 506
- Memory Card slot: Yes, up to 256GB
- Internal storage: 32GB
- RAM: 3GB RAM
- Back Camera: 13MP
- Front Camera: 20MP
- Back Flash: Yes, LED Flash
- Front Flash: Yes
- Wifi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, V4.2
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes (Back-mounted)
- Sensors: accelerometer, proximity, gyro, compass
- USB: type 2.0
- GPS: Yes
- 3.5mm Audio Jack: Yes
- Capacity: 4000mAh
- Type: Li-Ion
- Standby Time: NA
- Talktime: NA
- Fast Charging: Yes