Itel A56 is the latest entry-level smartphone from itel which costs about N21,000. For this, you’ll be getting a smartphone with a 6.0-inch display, a UniSoC Spreadtrum SC7731E Chipset with 1GB of RAM and a 4,000mAh battery tucked inside to keep lights on.
It also comes with two cameras on the back and one at the front for selfies. It runs the latest Android 9.0 Pie Go Edition and has a 16GB storage. Let’s see what else the itel A56 has to offer.
Itel A56 Key Specs
- 6.0-inch Foldable IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 480 x 960 pixels
- Android 9.0 Pie Go Edition, 1GB Of RAM
- UniSoC Spreadtrum SC7731E, Quad-core 1.3GHz
- 16GB built-in storage
- 8MP + 0.3MP and a 5MP selfie camera
- 4,000mAh non-removable battery
Itel A56 Design And Display
The itel A56 has a pretty standard look and form factor for s smartphone. The display which is the first thing you’ll see is a 6.0-inch IPS LCD display which has a 480 x 960 resolution and a 242ppi.
It also uses the dated 18:9 aspect ratio for its display which leaves more than enough room at the top for the front-facing camera, LED flash, speaker grill and other sensors. The top bezel is the same as the bottom bezel.
Turning over the device to the back reveals the plastic back which has the dual rear-facing camera and LED flash at top left corner and the fingerprint sensor towards the centre, in its usual position. Colour options for this device include Black, Blue (which is kind of a fade from blue to purple around the edges) and Gold.
It weighs 164grams and measures 8.9mm in thickness. It also has two SIM slots and a dedicated microSD card slot for storage expansion.
Itel A56 Camera Review
The itel A56 doesn’t have much going for it in the camera section. It is fitted with a dual rear camera at the which comprises of an 8MP main sensor and a secondary 0.3MP VGA sensor. For selfies, there is a 5MP front-facing camera just above the display. Both the front-facing and rear-facing camera have an LED flash for low light photography, HDR and can both shoot 720p videos at 30fps.
Itel A56 Hardware and Software
Itel A56 has a UniSoC Spreadtrum SC7731E SoC on the inside which is a Chipset with a Quad-Core processor clocking speeds of up 1.3GHz paired with an ARM Mali T820 MP1 GPU. This is hooked up to 1GB of RAM and has 16GB of internal storage. It also has a Pro version which doubles both the RAM and storage, bumping up the RAM to 2GB and storage to 32GB.
Regardless of the one you go with, you’ll have the option of adding extra storage thanks to the dedicated microSD card slot on this device which can accommodate up to 64GB. It runs the Go Edition Of Android 9.0 Pie out of the box with itel’s UI slapped on top.
Battery and Connectivity
Battery Capacity here stands at 4,000mAh which is pretty decent.
Unfortunately, there is no fast charging here which means that you’ll have to make do with the 5W charging it comes with. Speaking of charging, it is done through the microUSB port.
No 5G here, obviously, and there is also no 4G as well. However, there is Bluetooth, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, FM Radio and GPS. There is also a 3.5mm jack here.
Itel A56 Price and Availability
Itel A56 costs about N20,500 and should soon start hitting the shelves anytime soon.
Itel A56 Full Specifications
- Dimension: 159.7 x 77.7 x 8.9 mm
- Material: Glass front, Plastic Body
- Weight: 164grams
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM and/or eSIM)
- Type: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 6.0-inch
- Screen Resolution: 18:9, 480 x 96pixels, 242ppi
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie Go Edition
- Chipset: UniSoC Spreadtrum SC7731E, Quad-core 1.3GHz
- RAM: 1GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 16GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 64GB (Dedicated Slot)
- Primary: 8MP + 0.3MP – LED flash, HDR, Panorama, PDAF
- Secondary: 5MP – LED flash
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: 2100 MHz
- 4G: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- USB: Yes, microUSB
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes (rear-mounted)
- NFC: No
- GPS: Yes
- Sensors: Gravity, accelerometer, gyro, proximity and light Sensor
- Capacity: 4,000mAh Non-removable
- Type: Li-Po
- Fast Charging: No
- OTG Support: Yes