Taiwanese company MediaTek debuts their latest chipset dubbed the Dimensity 1000 Plus. From the name, you can tell it’s an upgraded version of the Dimensity 1000 chip.
Both chipsets are based on the same core hardware, with the Dimensity 1000+ featuring improved specs for gaming capability.
In order to reduce the power usage of the 5G modem, the company developed a 5G UltraSave. Power usage is cut by up to 32% due to it being able to switch between its low and high bandwidth modes dynamically depending on what the app you’re running needs at the time. Aside from that, the modem can also switch between 5G and 4G depending on the quality of your connection.
The Dimensity 1000+ chipset supports 144Hz rate screens with 21:9 aspect ratio and a maximum resolution of 1080p+. There is a MiraEngine which is tasked with enhancing SDR video and then converting it to HDR10+.
Another engine featured in this chipset is the HyperEngine 2.0 which is in charging of scaling the CPU and GPU frequencies. It also takes care of the RAM to further ensure good overall performance.
The anti-jamming technology which helps minimize the latency of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth links is vital for gamers. It will allow gamers to use Bluetooth controllers and headphones without worrying about interference.
The Dimensity 1000+ is built on a 7nm process tech, it features an Octa-core (four Cortex-A77 cores & four Cortex-A55 cores) CPU and a Mali—G77 MP9 GPU.
During the launch of this chip, iQOO announced that they are already building a smartphone that will be powered by the Dimensity 1000+. No order specific details were released. But it does look like they will manufacture the first smartphone to feature the Dimensity 1000+ chip. For now, we just have to keep our fingers crossed.
Dimensity 1000 Plus Specs
- CPU Type 1: Arm Cortex-A77 @ up to 2.6GHz
- CPU Type 2: Arm Cortex-A55 @ up to 2.0GHz
- Cores: Octa (8)
- CPU Bit: 64-bit
- Heterogeneous Multi-Processing: Yes
Memory And Storage
- Memory Type: LPDDR4x
- Max Memory Size:
- Storage Type: uFS
- Cellular Technologies: 2G / 3G / 4G / 5G Multi-Mode, 4G Carrier Aggregation (CA), 5G Carrier Aggregation (CA), CDMA2000 1x/EVDO Rev. A (SRLTE), EDGE, 4G FDD / TDD, 5G FDD / TDD, GSM, TD-SCDMA, WDCDMA
- Specific Functions: SA & NSA modes; SA Option2, NSA Option3 / 3a / 3x, NR TDD Band, NR FDD Band, DSS, NR DL 2CC, 200 MHz bandwidth, 4×4 MIMO, 256QAM NR UL 2CC, 2×2 MIMO, 256QAM VoNR / EPS fallback
- Peak Download Speed: 4.7Gbps
- Peak Upload Speed:2.3Gbps
- Wi-Fi Antenna: 2T2R
- Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi 6 (a/b/g/n/ac/ax)
- Bluetooth Version: 5.1
- FM Radio: Yes
- Max Camera ISP: 32+16MP, 80MP
- Max Video Capture Resolution: 3840 x 2160
- Camera Features: HDR-ISP (3+2) / Video HDR / Video NR / Video Bokeh / Video EIS / AI-Shutter / AI-AE / AI-AF / AI-AWB / AI-NR HDR / AI-HDR / AI-FD
- GPU Type: Arm Mali-G77 MC9
- Max Display Resolution: 2520 x 1080
- Video Encoding: H.264, H.265 / HEVC
- Video Playback: H.264, H.265 / HEVC, VP-9, AV1