MTN MPulse is a new prepaid plan MTN Nigeria introduced for its teen customers or parents with teenagers. The plan promises high data offers for just a little money targeting teenagers. According to MTN, you have to be between the ages of 9 – 15yrs to qualify for the plan and get up to 1.2GB for just N150 Naira.
With this plan, MTN has shown Nigerians once again about its devotion to help and equip young Nigerian in school the resources needed to grow in the digital world. Nigerian teenagers can now learn to explore the internet with this data plan and learn a lot to help them in the future.
MTN MPulse Benefits
Apart from the huge data bundles, teenagers will also enjoy lots of benefits and offers from the company while on this plan. There will be Special Birthday rewards and National calls will be charged at just 15k/sec, enabling them to call their parents.
- N200 Birthday Reward: While on MPulse, customers will be rewarded with a birthday gift of N200 only on their birthday.
- Free WhatsApp: MTN is also offering free WhatsApp service for 7 days every month for teenagers. This will enable them to chat with their parents and classmates. However, they do have to recharge N100 every month to enjoy this.
- Bonus On Recharge Every Week: Customers will also enjoy 10MB on every N100 recharge, 20MB on every N200 recharge. The bonus MB has a 7-day bonus validity (you have to use it within a week). NB: This only applies to the first recharge in a calendar week (7 days).
- Parent-Child Link: Parents can also get in on the fun by linking their child’s number to her/his number and automatically share airtime/data on a weekly/monthly basis.
MTN MPulse Website And How To Register
Simply go to www.mtnonline.com/mpulse in your browser, you can register by choosing if you’re a Student or Parent and enter all the information required to register. The website has everything primary, junior and senior secondary school students to enhance their knowledge. It offers free preparation materials and past questions for popular nationwide exams like JSCE, WAEC, JAMB, Post UME and Common Entrance. You will also find tutorial videos.
MTN NPulse Data Plans
For now, there are just two data plans and students can choose from any of the data plans below depending on their budget.
- 350MB for N50 (weekly plan): send “350” to 344
- 1.2GB for N150 (Monthly plan): send “351” to 344
- Alternatively, you can dial *344# and follow the prompts.
How To Migrate To MTN MPulse Plan
- To join the gang without visiting the company’s website simply dial *344*1# from a new or existing MTN SIM.
- Or you can send ‘mPulse’ to 131 as a text message.
- Alternatively, you can Download MyMTNApp from the Play Store and go to tariff plan and select mPulse.
Mtn MPulse Top Questions and Answers You should know
According to Mtn Nigeria, this is everything you should know about Mtn Mpulse.
Q. Who can migrate to MTN mPulse?
A. ALL MTNN Pre-Teen and Teen customers between the age bracket of 9 and 15 years can migrate to MTN mPulse tariff plan.
Q. What do I stand to enjoy if I migrate to mPulse tariff plan?A. You will enjoy the following:
- • 25MB WhatsApp data bonus on the first recharge in a calendar month.
- • Data Bonus on the first recharge in a calendar week.
- • N200 airtime reward on your birthday
Q. How much will I be charged for migrating to mPulse?
A. You will NOT be charged for migrating into mPulse tariff plan if it is your first migration in 30 days. Subsequent migrations within the same month will attract N100 migration fee.
Q. How can I recharge airtime on my mPulse plan?
A. Customers will be able to recharge their Mtn mPulse account balance by dialling *555*PIN#.
Q. How can I check my Mtn mPulse airtime balance?
A. Customer will be able to check their airtime balance by dialling *556#.
Q. How do I subscribe to the Mtn mPulse weekly and monthly special data bundle plan?
A. You can subscribe to any of the mPulse Special Data bundle by doing any of the following:
- • For Weekly bundle of 350MB, send 350 to 344
- • For a Monthly bundle of 1.2GB, send 351 to 344
- • Dial *344# and then, select data bundle of choice from the menu.
- • From mPulse website, from the drop-down menu of student dashboard, select data bundle of your choice from the list of bundles.
Q. Will I be able to cancel auto-renewal anytime?
A. Yes, you will be able to cancel auto-renewal on your bundle anytime by sending the opt-out keyword to 131.
Q. How much will I be charged for subscribing for mPulse Special weekly or monthly data bundles?
A. For the Weekly bundle, you will be charged N50 and the Monthly bundle will be charged at N150.
Q. What is the validity of the special data bundle?
A. The weekly and monthly special bundles will be valid for 7days and 30 days respectively.
Q. What will I get after subscribing to the special bundle?
A. For the Weekly bundle, you will be credited with 350MB and 1.2GB for the Monthly bundle.
Q. How do I check my special data bundle balance?
A. You will be able to check your data bundle balance via the following channels:
- • Dialling *344*2*2#.
- • MyMTNApp
Q. Can I purchase the mPulse special data bundle multiple times?
A. Yes, you can activate any of the mPulse special data bundle multiples times BUT the data bundles purchased will have its own unique expiry date.
Q. If I have mPulse Special data bundle and regular data bundle active, which bundle will deplete first?
A. If you have mPulse Special data bundle and regular data bundle active, then your browsing on mPulse website will be charged from your mPulse special data bundle and when you have finished the bundle, your data charges while on the website will be charged from your regular data bundle.
However, if you have mPulse Special data bundle and regular data bundle active, then your browsing on other websites will be charged from your regular data bundle and when you have finished the data bundle, your data activity will be suspended until you buy another regular data bundle or opt-in for PAYG browsing.
Q. Will my mPulse Special data bundle auto-renew?
A. Your mPulse Special data bundle will only auto renew on the day of expiry if you selected ‘Recurrent Purchase’ at the time purchase and as long as you have enough airtime.
Q. What happens if I exhaust my mPulse Special data bundle before the renewal date and do not have any other bundle?
A. As soon as you exhaust your data bundle before the expiry and do not have any other active data bundle, your data access will be suspended and you will not be able to browse again. To continue browsing, you will need to do one of the following:
- • Buy another mPulse data plan by dialling *344*2# to continue browsing on mPulse website
- • Buy another regular data bundle by dialling *131*1# or *904#,
- • Borrow data by dialling *606#
- • Opt-in for a Pay As You Go browsing by dialling *131*200# to continue browsing from your airtime @N3/MB
Q. Will I be able to roll over my unused main data bundle?
A. Yes, you will be able to roll over any unused main data bundle as long as you buy another bundle before the current bundle expires or within the allowed grace period after the bundle expires BUT you will NOT be able to roll over any unused data bonus.
Q. I have 500MB left after my bundle expired. Will I be able to use it within the rollover period?
A. No, you will not be able to use it within the rollover period until you renew the bundle or purchase another bundle of the same category.
Q. Will I be able to rollover my unused data bonus?
A. No, you will not be able to roll over any unused data bonus even if the bundle auto-renews before expiry, upon expiry or within the applicable rollover period.
Q. Can I share my MTN mPulse Special Data bundle?
A. No, you will not be able to share your mPulse Special data bundle.
Q. Will I be able to browse from my airtime automatically after exhausting my data bundle?
A. You will be able to browse from your airtime after exhausting your data bundle BUT you will be required to opt in before you can browse from your airtime at Pay As You Go rate.
Q. How can I stop auto-renewal of my special bundle?
A. You can stop auto-renewal by sending the opt-out keyword NO350 to 344 for weekly bundle or NO351 to 344 for a monthly bundle.
Q. How much bonus will I receive on my recharge?
A. You will receive 25MB for WhatsApp ONLY on your first recharge of N100 in a month and Free 10MB on N100 recharge or 20MB on N200 or more ONLY on your first recharge in a calendar week.
Q. Will I be able to rollover my unused WhatsApp bonus on my next recharge after 30days?
A. No, you will not be able to roll over any unused WhatsApp bonus after expiry. Once the bundle expires, all unused data bonus will be cleared from the dedicated account.
Q. Who is eligible to receive the free N200 airtime birthday reward?
A. Only mPulse customers that are 15years and below are eligible to receive the free N200 airtime birthday reward on the day of their birthday. However, after your 15th birthday, you will not be eligible to receive the free N200 airtime bonus again on the day of your birthday.
Q. How many times will I receive the N200 birthday reward?
A. You will be able to receive the birthday bonus ONCE a year and on the day of their birthday.
Q. What do I need to enjoy the birthday reward?
A. To enjoy the birthday reward, you will need to provide your name and date of birth via the following channels:
- On mPulse website when you are logged in as a student
- mPulse page on MYMTN App.
- Dialling *344# and selecting birthday reward
Q. What is the validity of the Birthday reward?
A. The airtime bonus will be valid till 11:59 pm of the following day.
Q. For the free 30MB bonus, do I need to send any keyword to activate it?
A. No, you, will NOT be required to send any keyword to any shortcode to activate the Free data. As a mPulse customer, once you are accessing mPulse website or App for the first time, you will be allocated the 30MB for FREE.
Q. What is the validity of the 30MB mPulse Website/App offer?
A. The free 30mb will be valid for 30 days after which all unused bonus will clear.
Q. As a parent, I want to be transferring from my airtime/data to my child’s number on a periodic basis
A. To transfer airtime/data to your child’s number, you will be required to follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Register for Parent-Child linking service by dialling *344*5*1#.
- Step 2: Once you have registered for the service, you will be required to register your child’s number as your beneficiary by dialling *344*5*1#. You will be able to add your child via MyMTNNApp or mPulse website.
- Step 3: Upon dialling *344*5*1#, you will be required to enter your Child’s number, select a Product type (either Airtime Weekly, Data Weekly, Airtime Monthly or Data Monthly), after which you select airtime or data value then your self-care
- Step 4: Once the system receives your request, it will check to confirm if you have enough airtime to complete your transaction. If you have enough airtime, the transaction will be completed.
Q. Must I the Parent be on mPulse to enjoy Parent-Child linking service?
A. As the Parent, you can use Parent-Child linking service while all tariff plan EXCEPT mPulse plan BUT your child MUST be on mPulse to benefit from the service.
Q. How many children number can I add to my beneficiary list?
A. You can add up to a maximum of six (6) child numbers to your beneficiary list.
MTN mPulse is completely free to join, you can also check the airtime balance by dialling *556#. To check your bonuses dial *344*2*2#.