If you are you interested in applying for N-Power 2020 recruitment exercise, this guide contains all you need to know about the scheme and is a must-read for you. N-Power is a social investment program formulated by the Buhari-led government of Nigeria to create jobs and develop empowerment initiatives. It is borne of the drive of the Government to reduce unemployment by creating jobs and keeping unemployed Nigerian youths engaged.
The objectives of N-Power social investment program are outlined as follows:
- To bring about a lower unemployment rate in Nigeria
- To engender a system that would enable transferability of employability, entrepreneurial as well as technical skills
- To proffer solutions to under-performing public service and the diversification policy of the Government
As we explained during the N-Power recruitment exercise of last year, there are 2 groups in the N-Power program: the N-Power Graduate for Graduates (Minimum of HND required) and N-Power Non-Graduate for undergraduates. Under the first category, as an N-Power graduate, you can choose from any of these options:
- N-Power Agro
- N-Power Health
- N-Power Teach
- N-Power Tax
As for the N-Power Non-Graduate group, the following options are available:
- N-Power Knowledge
- N-Power Build
FGN has stated that they are planning to expand the N-Power program further with a view to improving the lives of youths in Nigeria who are unemployed. The N-power Recruitment 2020 application portal is now opened to all eligible Nigerians starting from 26th June 2020.
With the tips shared in this write-up, you can also join the multitude of Nigerians currently benefitting from the scheme.
Requirements for Registering For N-Power 2020
To register for the program smoothly, these are the required documents and personal details:
- Accessible email address
- This programme is specifically for unemployed youths within the ages of 18-35.
- Valid cellphone number
- Bank verification number (BVN)
- The N-Teach and N-Health sub-programmes are however open to only graduates.
What Is the Cost of Registration Form?
Since this is a not-for-profit scheme, its registration is 100% free. Other than charges you may incur as cost of your internet activities if you use a café, you won’t be asked to make any additional payment.
Steps to Apply for the NPower Recruitment 2020
- Go to the official N-Power website and accept the terms and conditions and click on apply now
- Create an account on the page if you don’t have an account already by filling email address and password.
- You will then be directed to confirm your email address.
- Once your email address has been confirmed, fill in your 11-digit BVN and date of birth in the following order (dd/mm/yy). If your BVN details are inaccurate, you will not be permitted to go past this interface
- Then pick the category you’d like to apply for from either the Graduate or Non-graduate category.
- You can pick from these options: N-power Knowledge, N-power Volunteer corps, as well as N-power, build. After this, you will be asked to choose from other options.
- After selecting your preferred the option to apply for, you would now see the “Apply Now” link, which you are to click.
- Read the ensuing instructions before completing the registration forms. You will also have to provide some documents, a passport, CV, degree qualification certificate, etc.
- After filling the forms successfully, press the “Submit” button. You will then be issued an “N-Power Registration Number”. With that phone number, you will be able to log in for the aptitude test and also do some follow-up on your recruitment status.
- You would get an email from N-Power within the next few days that contains detailed information about your registration.
What Is the Next Thing after Applying Online?
N-Power usually announces aptitude test dates, based on the category you select while registering for the program. Once the date for your aptitude test is set, ensure that you don’t fail to take part in and pass the test. If you put up a good performance, you have a solid chance of being selected as a beneficiary/volunteer.
Once you are selected, the next step to take is to go to the N-Power physical verification centre at the specified date.
This physical verification exercise is done in a bid to detect false documents, like School Leaving Certificates, birth certificates, state of origin, and others. Thus, you need to present good evidence to back up all the information you gave during the registration.
The N-Power program is a laudable initiative that, if well implemented, would go a long way to help combat the menace of youth unemployment in the country and turn Nigerian youths into a working population. If you’re interested in joining the program, try to follow the tips we gave above and also check the official page of N-Power to learn more. You can also share your thoughts on the scheme in the comment section.