Nokia 1.3 is the latest entry-level smartphone from HMD global. This new smartphone comes with some improvements over its predecessor in the Nokia 1 lineup. The Nokia 1.3 comes has a 5.71-inch display with a notch, a Qualcomm QM215 SoC with 1GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage with a dedicated microSD card slot and a total of two cameras – one on each side – with an LED flash on both.
Nokia 1.3 Key Specs
- 5.71-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 720 x 1520 pixels
- Android 10 (Go Edition), 1GB Of RAM
- Qualcomm QM215, Quad-core 1.3GHz
- 16GB built-in storage
- 8MP and 5MP selfie camera
- 3,000mAh non-removable battery
Nokia 1.3 Design And Display
The design of the Nokia Nokia 1.3 is pretty basic. It has a plastic back and frame which has three beautiful colour options; Cyan, Charcoal and Sand. It also has a single camera at the back which is accompanied by an LED flash. Unfortunately, there is no fingerprint sensor here.
At the front lies the 5.71-inch IPS LCD display with a notch up top housing the single front-facing camera. It also has quite a considerable amount of bezels at the top and bottom with the bottom one having the words “Nokia” inscribed on it.
As for the display itself, it is an HD+ display with a 19:9 aspect ratio and a 295ppi. It also capable of reaching a peak brightness of 400nits. As expected, it has a non-removable battery and comes in both single SIM and dual SIM variants.
Nokia 1.3 Camera Review
Nokia 1.3 has a total of 2 c ameras, one on each side. The one at the rear is an 8MP camera with AutoFocus, LED flash and HDR. It can also shoot 720p videos at 30fps. The front-facing 5MP camera which also has an LED flash also caps out at 720p video recording at the same 30fps.
Hardware and Software
Inside the Nokia 1.3 is the Qualcomm QM215 SoC which a Quad-core processor clocked at 1.3GHz paired with an Adreno 308 GPU. This is hooked up to 1GB of RAM which is the only RAM variant it has. It also has 16GB of internal storage which can be taken up to 64GB via the dedicated microSD card slot available on the device.
When it comes to software, this device runs the Go Edition of Android 10 and is still under the Android One Family/Project. This means that you’ll get the two major software updates (two years worth of updates) and 3 years worth of monthly security patches.
Battery and Connectivity
Nokia 1.3 has a moderate 3,000mAh battery on the inside which has no fast charging. Speaking of charging, it is done through the micro-USB port.
Other features of the Nokia 1.3 includes 4G LTE connectivity, Bluetooth, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, GPS, FM radio and a 3.5mm jack. No NFC.
Nokia 1.3 Price in Nigeria and Availability
Nokia 1.3 will cost about $110 when it finally hits the shelves alongside other Nokia smartphones in Q2 as said by HMD. In Nigeria, the Nokia 1.3 will cost around N36,000 Naira
Nokia 1.3 Full Specifications
- Dimension: 147.3 x 71.2 x 9.4 mm
- Material: Glass front, plastic back and frame
- Weight: 155g
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual standby)
- Type: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 5.71-inch
- Screen Resolution: 19:9, 720 x 1520 pixels, 295ppi
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 10, Go Edition
- Chipset: Qualcomm QM215, Quad-core 1.3GHz
- RAM: 1GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 16GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 64GB (Dedicated Slot)
- Rear Camera: 8MP – LED flash, HDR, Panorama, PDAF
- Front Camera: 5MP – LED flash
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: 2100 MHz
- 4G: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- USB: Yes, microUSB
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes
- Fingerprint Sensor: No
- NFC: No
- GPS: Yes
- Sensors: Gravity, accelerometer, gyro, proximity and light Sensor
- Capacity: 3,000mAh Non-removable
- Type: Li-Po
- Fast Charging: No
- OTG Support: Yes