OLLA V9 Pro is a budget device with a price tag of just N32,000. However, it does, at that price point, has a lot to offer. This smartphone comes with a big 6.5-inch HD+ display with no notch – it uses a punch hole to house the front-facing camera. It also has a Mediatek MT6761 Helio A22 SoC on this inside hooked up to 3GB of RAM and 32GB of expandable storage.
There is also a triple camera setup on this device, a 3,900mAh battery capacity with the standard 5W battery charging and Android 9.0 Pie bringing it all to life. Let’s see what else the OLLA V9 Pro has to offer.
OLLA V9 Pro Key Specs
- 1 OLLA V9 Pro Key Specs
- 2 OLLA V9 Pro Design And Display
- 3 OLLA V9 Pro Camera Review
- 4 Pro Hardware and Software
- 5 Battery and Connectivity
- 6 OLLA V9 Pro Price and Availability
- 7 OLLA V9 Pro Full Specifications
- 6.5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 720 x 1600 pixels
- Android 9.0 Pie, 3GB Of RAM
- Mediatek MT6761 Helio A22, Octa-core 2.0GHz
- 32GB built-in storage
- 13MP + 0.3MP + 0.3MP camera and 5MP selfie camera
- 3,900mAh non-removable battery
OLLA V9 Pro Design And Display
Underneath the slab of glass at the front lies the 6.5-inch display in all its glory. The display uses a new 20:9 aspect ratio, has an HD+ resolution and a 269 pixel per inch density. The whole front of this device is basically covered with this display except the bottom bezel which is a little thicker than the top bezel.
Speaking of the top bezel, it is so slim that it couldn’t house a front-facing camera, hence the camera in a punch hole on the top left corner of the display. The back of the device which is made of plastic houses not only the fingerprint sensor which sits in its usual spot but also the triple rear camera.
Overall, the OLLA V9 Pro smartphone measures 8.4 in thickness, has two SIM card slots with a dedicated microSD card slot for storage expansion and comes in three colours; Midnight Black, Vacation Blue, Hillier Purple.
OLLA V9 Pro Camera Review
In the camera department, the OLLA V9 Pro smartphone is packing quite a punch. It has four cameras in total, three of which are at the rear. The one at the front is a single 5MP sensor capable of shooting 1080p videos at 30fps. Also, the triple cameras at the back consisting of a 13MP main sensor and two 0.3MP sensors are also capable of shooting 1080p videos at 30fps as well.
Pro Hardware and Software
Inside this device is the Mediatek MT6761 Helio A22 Chipset which uses an octa-core processor clocked at 2.0GHz paired with a PowerVR GE8320 GPU. 3GB of RAM takes care of multitasking on this device while 32GB takes care of the files.
It also comes with a dedicated microSD card slot for additional storage space which can accommodate up to 3 times the internal storage capacity; 128GB of extra storage. OLLA V9 Pro runs the not so latest Android 9.0 Pie out of the box.
Battery and Connectivity
OLLA V9 Pro has a battery capacity of 3,900mAh – 100mAh short of 4,000mAh. It also doesn’t come with any type of fast charging and you’ll have to make do with the standard 5W charging speed.
4G LTE connectivity is present on this device with just a few bands which includes Band 1, 3, 5, 8, 38, 40 and 41. There is also Bluetooth on board as well as WiFi, WiFi hotspot, GPS, FM radio, the almost extinct 3.5mm jack and a fingerprint sensor at the back for biometric unlock.
OLLA V9 Pro Price and Availability
OLLA V9 Pro costs N32,000 and is set to hit the shelves starting February 25.
OLLA V9 Pro Full Specifications
- Dimension: 166.7 x 75.8 x 8.4 mm
- Material: Plastic
- Weight: –
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 6.5-inch
- Screen Resolution: 20:9, 720 x 1600 pixels, 269ppi
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6761 Helio A22, Octa-core 2.0GHz
- RAM: 3GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 32GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 128GB (dedicated slot)
- Rear Camera: 13MP + 0.3MP + 0.3MP – LED flash
- Front Camera: 5MP – LED flash
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: 2100 MHz
- 4G: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- USB: Yes, MicroUSB
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes (rear-mounted)
- NFC: No
- GPS: Yes
- Sensors: Gravity, accelerometer, proximity and light Sensor
- Capacity: 3,900mAh Non-removable
- Type: Li-Po
- Fast Charging: No
- OTG Support: Yes