Oppo Just introduced a new budget device in Russia with the name Oppo A1k which has some pretty decent specifications. The device is powered by a MediaTek Helio P22 SoC coupled with 2GB of RAM and 32GB of expandable storage. It has a 6.1-inch HD+ display, runs Android 9.0 Pie out of the box with a hefty 4,000mAh battery capacity on the inside. Let’s find out more about the Oppo A1k.
Oppo A1k Plus Key Specs
- 6.1-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 720 x 1560 Pixels
- Android 9.0 Pie, 2GB Of RAM
- MediaTek Helio P22, Octa-core 2.0GHz
- A 32GB built-in storage
- An 8MP rear camera and 5MP selfie camera
- 4,000mAh non-removable battery
Oppo A1k Design And Display
Oppo A1k design and display is pretty much what you’d expect from the 2019 smartphone. Its 6.1-inch HD+ display uses the trendy 19:9 aspect ratio with a water-drop notch. Also, there is a bigger than normal chin down at the bottom.
At the back of the device is a single camera with LED flash and no fingerprint sensor in sight – it isn’t underneath the display either. The body itself is made of plastic with a Corning Gorilla Glass 3 on top of the display for protection. It has a dual SIM slot and a dedicated MicroSD card for additional storage. Oppo A1k weighs just 170grams, measures 8.4mm in thickness and has Red and Blue as it’s only two colour options – at least for now.
Oppo A1k Camera Review
The single rear-facing 8MP camera has an f/2.2 aperture with AF. It also has an LED flash for low light shots, HDR for good dynamic range and Panorama to mimick wide angle shots. Videos can be shot at 1080p with a maximum of 30fps. Meanwhile, the single 5MP selfie camera with am f/2.0 aperture and HDR tucked away in the water-drop notch can only shoot 720p videos.
Hardware and Software
Oppo opted for the MediaTek Helio P22 SoC for Oppo A1k. The Chipset which is based on the 12nm architecture has an octa-core processor clocked at 2.0GHz paired with a PowerVR GE8320 GPU for graphics. This is hooked up to 2GB of RAM for multitasking and 32GB for file storage which can be expanded further, up to 256GB via a microSD card. It runs Oppo’s ColorOS 6 right out of the box which is based on the latest Android 9.0 Pie.
Battery & Network Connectivity
A 4,000mAh battery gives the Oppo A1k all the power it needs. Charging and file transfer are done through the rather old micro USB port. It also has 4G LTE connectivity, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth, GPS and a 3.5mm jack with active noise cancellation.
Oppo A1k Price and Availability
Oppo A1k costs just $115 and is currently available in Russia for now. It might be coming to other markets pretty soon.
Oppo A1k Full Specifications
- Dimension: 154.5 x 73.8 x 8.4mm
- Material: Plastic
- Weight: 170g
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 6.1-inch
- Screen Resolution: 19:9, 720 x 1560 pixels, 282ppi
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie, ColorOS 6
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio P22, Octa-Core 2.0GHz
- RAM: 2GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 32GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 256GB (Dedicated slot)
- Primary: 8MP with f/2.2 – LED flash, HDR, Panorama, AF
- Secondary: 5MP with f/2.0 – HDR
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: 2100 MHz
- 4G: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- USB: Yes, microUSB
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes
- NFC: N/A
- GPS: Yes
- Sensors: Gravity, Proximity and Light Sensor
- Capacity: 4,000mAh Removable
- Type: Li-Po
- Fast Charging: N/A
- OTG Support: Yes
Price and Availability
Recommended Retail Price: $115