Oppo A9 is the latest smartphone offering from Oppo rocking the MediaTek Helio P70 SoC with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of expandable storage. It has a pretty big 6.53-inch notched display, a dual camera setup, Android 9.0 Pie with ColorOS 6 and is powered by a 4,020mAh battery. Let’s see what else the new Oppo A9 has to offer.
Oppo A9 Key Specs
- 6.53-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 1080 x 2340 Pixels
- Android 9.0 Pie, 6GB Of RAM
- MediaTek Hello P70, Octa-core 2.1GHz
- 128GB built-in storage
- 16MP + 2MP rear camera and 16MP selfie camera
- 4,020mAh non-removable battery
Oppo A9 Design And Display
Oppo A9 has a pretty standard look for a 2019 smartphone. Its 6.53-inch FHD+ IPS LCD display uses the 19:9 aspect ratio giving you more screen real Estate. There is also a water drop notch cut out that houses the single front-facing camera and a chin down below the display.
The dual rear cameras and the dual LED flash have been carefully lined up just above the Fingerprint Sensor. This device which measures 8.3mm in thickness and weighs 190grams comes in three colours options; Mica Green, Ice Jade White and Fluorite Purple. It also has a dual SIM card slot and a dedicated MicroSD card slot for additional storage.
Oppo A9 Camera Review
The rear cameras consist of the main 13MP camera alongside a secondary 2MP depth sensor camera for portrait shots. It also has a dual-LED dual tone flash for low light shots, HDR for better dynamic range and Panorama for wide angle shots. 1080p videos can be recorded with the rear cameras at 30fps. As for selfies, the front facing 16MP shooter with HDR located in the notch up top does the job pretty well.
Hardware and Software
Inside the Oppo A9 lies the MediaTek Helio P70 SoC which is based on the 12nm architecture. It’s an octa-core processor clocked at 2.1GHz paired with a Mali-G72 MP3 GPU. This is connected to 6GB of RAM for multitasking through apps and 128GB of storage for files. More storage can be added via the onboard dedicated MicroSD card slot of up to 256GB. Obviously, the Oppo A9 runs their latest in-house ColorOS 6 Skin on top of the Android 9.0 Operating System.
Battery & Network Connectivity
Powering the Oppo A9 is a 4,020mAh battery with support for fast charging. Connectivity wise, we have the 4G LTE, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, WiFi direct, GPS, FM radio, NFC and a 3.5mm jack so no need for a dongle. Charging as well as file transfer are done through the dated microUSB port.
Oppo A9 Price and Availability
Oppo A9 is set to go on sale in China, starting April 30, with a price tag of CNY1,799 which approximately $270.
Oppo A9 Full Specifications
- Dimension: 162 x 76.1 x 8.3 mm
- Material: Plastic
- Weight: 190g
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 6.53-inch
- Screen Resolution: 19:9, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 395ppi
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie, ColorOS 6
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio P70, Octa-core 2.1GHz
- RAM: 6GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 128GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 256GB
- Primary: 16MP + 2MP with f/2.4 – dual-LED dual tone flash, HDR, Panorama, AF
- Secondary: 16MP – HDR
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, WiFi direct, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: 2100 MHz
- 4G: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- USB: Yes, microUSB
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes (rear-mounted)
- NFC: Yes
- GPS: Yes
- Sensors: Gravity, Proximity and Light Sensor
- Capacity: 4,020mAh Removable
- Type: Li-Po
- Fast Charging: Yes
- OTG Support: Yes
Price and Availability
Recommended Retail Price: $280
Availability: Coming Soon