The Oppo K3 was recently released which features a true full-screen 6.5-inch display with no notch, pushing the camera into the motorised pop-up. Inside the device is a Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 SoC with 6GB or 8GB of RAM alongside 64GB or 128GB of storage respectively. It has a dual rear camera setup, an in-display fingerprint sensor and a 3,765mAh battery with a 20W VOOC 3.0 fast battery charging. Let’s find out more.
Oppo K3 Key Specs
- 6.5-inch AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 1080 x 2340 Pixels
- Android 9.0 Pie, 6GB/8GB Of RAM
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 710, Octa-core 2.2GHz
- 128GB/256GB built-in storage
- 16MP + 2MP rear camera and 16MP selfie camera.
- 3,765mAh non-removable battery
Oppo K3 Design And Display
Oppo K3 has a pretty solid design and is an all round beauty. It has a dual camera setup lined up vertically at the back with an LED flash Underneath. Turning over to the front reveals the 6.5-inch AMOLED display with no notch and just a little bit of chin. The front facing camera has beem tucked into a motorised compartment that comes in when needed and retracts when not in use. Protection the display is an unspecified version of Corning Gorilla Glass 5 with a fingerprint sensor hidden Underneath.
Overall, the device weighs 191grams, measures 9.4mm in thickness and comes in three colours; Black, Nebula Purple and Morning White. It also has a dual SIM card as well as a dedicated MicroSD card slot for storage expansion.
Oppo K3 Camera Review
Oppo K3 has a moderate camera setup both at the back and up front for selfies. Starting with the duo at the back, it consists of a main 16MP camera with an f/1.6 aperture and PDAF which is accompanied by a secondary 2MP depth sensor with an f/2.4 aperture. The camera is also equipped with features like an LED flash for low light photography, HDR for good dynamic range and Panorama for wide angle shots. You can also shoot 2160p and 1080p videos with it at 30fps.
The selfie camera, on the other hand, slides up when needed and does the job with a single 16MP shooter with an f/2.0 aperture that has HDR and can shoot 1080p Videos at 30fps.
Hardware and Software
Oppo went with Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 710 SoC here which has an octa-core processor clocked at 2.2GHz paired with an Adreno 616 GPU for gaming. This is connected to either 6GB or 8GB of RAM depending on the one you choose. The 6GB RAM variant comes with 64GB of internal storage while the bigger 8GB RAM variant comes with double the storage at 128GB. If storage is an issue, you can use the dedicated MicroSD card slot on board to expand it up to 256GB. It runs Android 9.0 Pie out of the box which is laced with Oppo’s ColorOS 6 on top.
Battery and Connectivity
Powering the Oppo K3 is a decent 3,765mAh battery capacity which comes with a very fast Oppo’s Proprietary 20W VOOC 3.0 battery charging through its USB Type-C port. It also has 4G LTE connectivity, dual-band WiFi, WiFi hotspot, WiFi direct, Bluetooth, GPS and a 3.5mm jack to avoid the use of a dongle.
Oppo K3 Price and Availability
Oppo K3 is priced at $230 for the base configuration of 6GB/64GB and goes up to $250 for the 8GB/256GB configuration. It is already on sale and you can get one on various online stores.
Oppo K3 Full Specifications
- Dimension: 161.2 x 76 x 9.4 mm
- Material: Plastic
- Weight: 191g
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: AMOLED Capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 6.5-inch
- Screen Resolution: 19:9, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 396ppi
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie, ColorOS 6
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 710, Octa-core 2.2GHz
- RAM: 6GB/8GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 64GB/128GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 256GB (Dedicated slot)
- Primary: 16MP + 2MP – LED flash, HDR, Panorama, PDAF
- Front Camera: 16MP – HDR
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual band, WiFi direct, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: 2100 MHz
- 4G: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- USB: Yes, USB Type-C
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes (under-display)
- NFC: No
- GPS: Yes
- Sensors: Gravity, Proximity and Light Sensor
- Capacity: 3,765mA Non-removable
- Type: Li-Po
- Fast Charging: Yes, 20W VOOC 3.0
- OTG Support: Yes
Price and Availability
Recommended Retail Price: $230 – $250