Oppo’s sub-brand Realme has finally announced the much anticipated Realme X which we’ve seen and heard about In various leaks and rumours. It also brings along the Realme X Lite which is basically the Realme 3 Pro for the Chinese market.
The Oppo Realme X truly has a motorised selfie camera as we’ve seen from the leaks and renders leaving the massive 6.53-inch AMOLED display free from the notch. Inside the device is the Snapdragon 710 SoC with 4GB, 6GB or 8GB of RAM with 64GB or 128GB as storage options. Let’s find out more.
Oppo Realme X Key Specs
- 6.53-inch AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 1080 x 2340 Pixels
- Android 9.0 Pie, 4GB/6GB/8GB Of RAM
- Snapdragon 710, Octa-core 2.2GHz
- 64GB/128GB built-in storage
- 48MP + 5MP rear camera and 16MP selfie camera
- 3,765mAh non-removable battery
Oppo Realme X Design And Display
Oppo Realme X has a 6.53-inch AMOLED display with a 1080p FHD+ resolution and a 394 pixel per inch density. The display has no notch and this is because the front-facing camera is housed by a motorised pop-up compartment at the top of the device which comes up when needed and retracts when not in use.
The display also has a Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protecting it with a fingerprint sensor buried Underneath the display. At the back is a dual camera setup with an LED flash lined up pretty neatly. This device weighs 191gram and measures 8.6mm in thickness. Colour options available for this device are Steam White and Punk Blue. It has a dual SIM card slot with no MicroSD card slot for storage expansion.
Realme X Camera Review
For selfies, there is a motorised pop-up camera housing the single 16MP sensor with an f/2.0 aperture which has HDR and can shoot 1080p videos at 30fps. At the back is the infamous 48MP main shooter with an f/1.7 aperture and PDAF accompanied by a secondary 5MP depth sensor for depth sensing with an f/2.4 aperture. The rear camera has an LED flash, HDR and can shoot 2160p videos at 30fps, 1080p videos at up to 120fps and 720p videos at up to 960fps. It also has gyro-EIS.
Hardware and Software
The Oppo Realme X is powered by the same Snapdragon 710 SoC as found on the Realme 3 Pro which has an octa-core processor clocked at 2.2GHz and an Adreno 616 GPU for gaming and graphics. It has 4GB, 6GB or even 8GB of RAM with only two storage options to choose from – 64GB and 128GB. There is no MicroSD card slot here, so no more additional storage. The Oppo Realme X runs Android 9.0 Pie out of the box which is covered by Realme’s ColorOS 6 Skin.
Battery and Connectivity
The device has a 3,765mAh battery capacity providing all the power it needs when not plugged in. When plugged in, it charges very fast thanks to the 20W VOOC 3.0 fast charging Technology on board which can get you up to 55% in about half an hour through its USB Type-C port. It also has 4G LTE connectivity, dual-band WiFi, WiFi hotspot, WiFi direct, Bluetooth, GPS and FM radio. There is also a 3.5mm jack.
Realme X Price and Availability
Realme X starts at $220 for the 4GB/64GB configuration, $230 for the 6GB/64GB configuration and $260 for the biggest 8GB/128GB configuration.
Realme X Full Specifications
- Dimension: 161.2 x 76 x 8.6 mm
- Material: Front glass
- Weight: 191g
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: AMOLED Capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 6.53-inch
- Screen Resolution: 19:9, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 394ppi
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie, ColorOS 6
- Chipset: Snapdragon 710, Octa-core 2.2GHz
- RAM: 4GB/6GB/8GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 64GB/128GB
- Card Slot: No
- Primary: 48MP + 5MP – LED flash, HDR
- Secondary: 16MP with f/2.0 – HDR
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual band, WiFi direct, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: 2100 MHz
- 4G: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- USB: Yes, USB Type-C
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes\
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes (in-display)
- NFC: No
- GPS: Yes
- Sensors: Gravity, Proximity and Light Sensor
- Capacity: 3,765mAh Non-removable
- Type: Li-Po
- Fast Charging: 20W VOOC 3.0
- OTG Support: Yes
Price and Availability
- Recommended Retail Price: $200 – $260
- Availability: Available