Oukitel C16 Pro is yet another solid budget smartphone from oukitel sporting a moderate 5.71-inch HD+ IPS LCD display, a MediaTek Helio A22 SoC, 3GBof RAM, 32GB of internal storage, a dual rear camera setup, a single front-facing camera which can be used for FaceID and a 2,600mAh battery to power the whole hardware which runs the latest Android 9.0 Pie operating system. Let’s find out more.
Oukitel C16 Pro Key Specs
- 5.71-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 720 x 1520 pixels
- Android 9.0 Pie, 3GB Of RAM
- MediaTek Helio A22, Quad-core 2.0GHz
- 32GB built-in storage
- 8MP + 2MP rear camera and 5MP selfie camera.
- 2,600mAh non-removable battery
Oukitel C16 Pro Design And Display
Given the price of this device, it’s not surprising that it has a plastic back in order to keep the price low. The plastic back looks quite shiny in purple and black which are the only two colours it comes in. The 5.71-inch HD+ IPS LCD display takes up the whole front leaving the front-facing camera in the infamous waterdrop notch. As expected, there is a small chin down at the bottom.
This device has two SIM cards slots, one of which (second SIM card slot) can be used to expand the storage space even further – Hybrid SIM card slot.
Oukitel C16 Pro Camera Review
Oukitel C16 Pro has only three cameras, two of which are at the back of the device. Those two comprises of a main 8MP shooter and a secondary 2MP depth sensor camera for Portrait mode shots. The rear camera has an LED flash for pictures taken in low light and can shoot 1080p as well as 720p videos at 30fps. The front-facing camera unit, on the other hand, is a single 5MP shooter which can be used for face unlock a.k.a FaceID.
Hardware and Software
At the heart of the Oukitel C16 Pro is the Mediatek Helio A22 SoC which has a quad-core processor clocking speeds of up to 2.0GHz Alongside a PowerVR GE8320 GPU for games. It also has 3GB of RAM for smooth multitasking through apps and 32GB of storage for all your files. You can get more storage on this device as the second SIM card slot doubles as microSD card slot for more storage, up to 256GB. It runs Android 9.0 Pie out of the box covered with Oukitel’s Skin.
Battery and Connectivity
The 2,600mAh battery powering the Oukitel C16 Pro is, to me, one of the downsides of the device and there is also no word on of supports fast charging or not, so there is that. Thankfully, it supports 4G LTE connectivity and has WiFi, WiFi hotspot, WiFi direct, Bluetooth, GPS, a 3.5mm jack and a dated microUSB port for file transfer and charging.
Oukitel C16 Pro Price and Availability
Oukitel C16 Pro price starts at $69.99 and is already available on various online stores.
Oukitel C16 Pro Full Specifications
- Dimension: 146.4 x 70.3 x 9.5 mm
- Material: Plastic
- Weight: 150g
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 5.71-inch
- Screen Resolution: 19:9, 720 x 1520pixels, 295ppi
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio A22, Quad-core 2.0GHz
- RAM: 3GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 32GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 256GB (Uses SIM 2 slot)
- Rear Camera: 8MP + 2MP – LED flash
- Front Camera: 5MP – FaceID
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, WiFi direct, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: 2100 MHz
- 4G: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- USB: Yes, MicroUSB
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes (rear-mounted)
- NFC: No
- GPS: Yes
- Sensors: Gravity, Proximity and Light Sensor
- Capacity: 2,600mAh Non-removable
- Type: Li-Po
- Fast Charging: –
- OTG Support: Yes
Price and Availability
Recommended Retail Price: $69.99