Less than a month after being named as an independent brand, Poco has released its first official smartphone – Poco X2. The company’s Poco F1 was released back in August 2018, when they were still acting as a sub-brand under Chinese tech giant – Xiaomi. The Poco X2 is not a sequel to the Poco F1, instead, it is a rebranded Redmi K30. There is no word yet from the company if they will be a successor to the Poco F1. Anyways, let’s take a look at the specs, features and price of the Poco X2.
Poco X2 Key Specs
- 6.67-inch FHD+ Display
- 64MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP Real Camera
- 20MP + 2MP Selfie Camera
- Snapdragon 730G SoC
- 6GB/64GB, 6GB/128GB, and 8GB/256GB
- 4,500 mAh battery
The design of the Poco device is really attractive to the eyes thanks to its 3D curved glass unibody. The glass is Corning Gorilla Glass 5. It has a P2i splash-proof coating and Hi-Res Sound.
On the side of the smartphone is a flushed power button with a fingerprint scanner underneath it. The back is home to a quad-camera module while the front features the punch-hole display. The Poco X2 is available in three beautiful body colours; Matrix Purple, Phoenix Red, and Atlantis Blue.
Poco calls this display; the RealityFlow. It measures 6.67 inches in size and features FHD+ resolution, 120Hz refresh rate, 20:9 aspect ratio and HDR10. At the top right corner of the display is a hole in the form of a pill which houses the phone’s dual selfie camera.
Hardware and Software
This smartphone will appeal to gamers as it is powered by a gaming-oriented chipset – Snapdragon 730G. It also comes with LiquidCool technology that will help cool the device down and prevent it from over-heating when gaming.
According to the company, the technology has the ability to dissipate heat 300% faster. The device is available in three memory variants; 6GB/64GB, 6GB/128GB, and 8GB/256GB. Software-wise, the Poco phone runs on MIUI 11 custom skin.
The Poco X2 has a vertical-shaped quad-camera setup at the back. The setup consists of a 64MP Sony IMX686 main camera, 8MP ultrawide sensor with 120° Field of View, 2MP macro sensor for capturing the smallest details and a 2MP depth sensor. The device comes with RAW camera capture support with insane amounts of information. For selfies, the Poco X2 is equipped with a dual-camera setup inside the display. The camera setup consists of a 20MP and 2MP sensors.
It packs a non-removable 4,500 mAh battery capacity and supports 27W fast charging support.
Price and Availability
The smartphone is expected to go on sale starting from February 11th via Flipkart in India. The base model (6/64GB) is priced at $225/€205. The 6/128GB comes in at $240/€218. While the 8/256GB goes for $280/€255.
Poco X2 Complete Specs
- Announced: January 2020
- Status: Expected Released February 2020
- Dimension: –
- Weight: –
- Build: Front and Back-glass
- SIM: Dual nanoSIM or nanoSIM/microSD
- Screen Display: IPS LCD
- Screen Size: 6.67 inches
- Resolution: 1800 x 2400 pixels
- Aspect Ratio: 20:9
- Display Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Notch: No
- Touchscreen: Yes
- Operating System: MIUI 11
- Chipset: Snapdragon 730G
- CPU: 2.2GHz Octa-core processor
- GPU: Adreno 618
- RAM: 6GB, 8GB
- Built-in Storage Capacity: 64GB, 128GB, 256GB
- Card Slot:
- Camera Type: Quad
- Camera Sensor: 64MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP
- Camera Features: PDAF, Portrait mode, EIS, AI Beautify, HDR, Panorama, Face recognition
- Video Resolution: [email protected]
- LED Flash: Yes
- Camera Type: Dual
- Camera Sensor(s): 20MP + 2MP
- Camera Features: –
- Video Resolution: –
- LED Flash: No
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0
- USB: USB type-C
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- FM Radio:
- GPS: GPS, GLONASS, AGPS, BEIDOU
- NFC: Yes
- Technology: 4G/3G/2G
- 4G Network Bands: TDD: B40/41（120MHz）FDD: B1/3/5/8
- 3G Network Bands: B1/2/4/5/8
- 2G Network Bands: B2/3/5/8
- EDGE: Yes
- GPRS: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Speaker Location: Below the chin
- Sound Enhancement Features:
- Audio Jack Type: 3.5mm headphone jack
- Battery Capacity: 4,500 mAh battery
- Wireless Charging: No
- Fast Charging: 27W Fast Charge
- Colour Options: Matrix Purple, Phoenix Red, Atlantis Blue
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor, Gyroscope, Electronic compass.