The Samsung Galaxy S20 FE is the Fan Edition (FE) of the Galaxy S20 series. According to the company, the phone came to life after listening to the needs of their fans. To meet a low price tag, they had to change some specs of the traditional Galaxy S20 lineup. But they ensured the Galaxy S20 FE had the important specs and features attributed to the S20 series. In today’s review post, let’s see the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE full specs and price.
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE Key Specs
- 6.5″ Super AMOLED display
- 8/128GB memory
- Exynos 990 SoC
- Octa-core 2.73GHz
- Android 10 (One UI 2.5)
- 12MP + 12MP + 8MP main camera
- 32MP selfie camera
- 4,500 mAh battery capacity
- 25W fast wired charging
Design and Display
The Samsung Galaxy S20 FE has a body build that features a glass front, plastic back and an aluminium frame. The plastic back has a sleek matte finish that is subtle and classic. The device has an IP68 water and dust resistant rating. This means that it can stand in up to 1.5m meters depth of water up to 30 minutes. It is also protected from splashes, raindrops and dust. The Galaxy S20 FE comes in four amazing body colours – Cloud Navy, Cloud Lavender, Cloud Mint, and Cloud Red.
Upgrade your viewing experience with the Galaxy S20 FE’s Super AMOLED Infinity-O display. It is bezel-less and surrounded by flat edges with a punch-hole camera at the top. The display which measures 6.5″ in size, features 120Hz refresh rate, HDR10+, 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 aspect ratio, 407 PPI density and Always-on display. Underneath the display is a fingerprint reader for biometric security.
Hardware and Software
Powering the Galaxy S20 FE is the Samsung’s Exynos 990 chipset which features an Octa-core 2.73GHz processor and Mali-G77 MP11 GPU. There is also an enhanced NPU which helps the device’s overall performance. Multitasking is fast, efficient and seamless. The phone has a memory of 8GB RAM with 128GB storage and can take additional 1TB via a microSD slot. Software-wise, the phone runs on Android 10 OS with One UI 2.5, designed for everyday simplicity. Samsung Dex and Quick Share are some of the Galaxy’s features available on here.
Camera and Battery
The smartphone sports a pro-grade triple rear camera that can get the best shot in a single take. The setup features a 12MP f/1.8 wide-angle main lens with Dual Pixel PDAF & OIS, a 12MP f/2.2 ultrawide lens with 123° FoV and an 8MP f/2.4 telephoto lens with 3x optical zoom. The camera can record 4K resolution video in either 30fps or 60fps. For selfies, it has a 32MP f/2.2 wide-angle camera in the display’s punch-hole cutout.
Providing the juice is a non-removable Li-Po 4,500 mAh battery capacity. It is intelligent enough to know when to save power to ensure you don’t run out of juice when needed. The phone supports a 25W fast wired charging, 15W fast wireless charging and a 4.5W reverse wireless charging.
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE Complete Specs
- Announced: September 2020
- Status: October 2020
Design [ Build Factor], Display and Colour Options
- Dimension: Height- 159.8mm * Width- 74.5mm * Thickness- 8.4mm
- Weight: 190 g
- Build Quality: Glass front, plastic back, aluminium frame
- Screen Display Type: Super AMOLED
- Screen Size: 6.5″
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400
- Aspect Ratio: 20:9
- Display Protection: Glass
- Notch: No
- Multi-touch screen: Yes
- Colour Options: Cloud Navy, Cloud Lavender, Cloud Mint, Cloud Red.
Operating System and Memory
- Operating System: Android 10 (One UI 2.5)
- Chipset: Exynos 990
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.73 GHz Mongoose M5 & 2×2.50 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G77 MP11
- RAM: 8GB
- Built-in Storage Capacity: 128GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 1TB
Rear and Front Camera Rating
- Rear Camera Sensor: 12MP + 12MP + 8MP
- Selfie Camera Sensor: 32MP
- Camera Features: HDR, OIS, gyro-EIS, 3x optical zoom, panorama, LED flash.
- Video Recording: [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60fps
Wireless Network Bands and Connectivity Options
- Technology: GSM / HSPA / LTE
- 5G Network Bands: No
- 4G Network Bands: LTE
- 3G Network Bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 2G Network Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (Dual SIM model only)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (5CA) Cat19 1800/200 Mbps
- SIM Type: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- USB: Type-C, USB On-The-Go
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- FM Radio: No
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- NFC: Yes
Sound Quality and Multimedia Support
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Speaker Location: Bottom
- Sound Enhancement Features: Yes Dolby Atmos
- Audio Jack Type: No
- Video Support Formats: H.264 (Baseline / Main / High profile), MPEG4 (Simple profile / ASP) and other video formats
- Audio Support formats: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC +, MP3, AMR – NB and WB, APE, WAV
- Battery Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4,500 mAh
- Wireless Charging: 15W
- Fast Charging: 25W
- Fingerprint Sensor (under display), Proximity Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Electronic Compass
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE Price in Nigeria
The Samsung Galaxy S20 FE will be available in Nigeria starting from October for $680 which is around N260,000.