This is a tutorial on how to connect Samsung Galaxy S9 to TV via Smartview and Miracast. Built on Wi-Fi Direct technology, Miracast is a wireless display standard that mirrors your device – smartphone, tablet or PC’s screen onto a TV screen. With this, you are able to watch your favourite videos, play games and use apps with audio from your device right on your large TV screen without the use of a standard HDMI cable.
Samsung Galaxy S9 Miracast TV Connection
If you are constantly in work mode, Miracast is also great for high definition video conferencing, presentations and demos.
Samsung Galaxy S9 supports Miracast, so if you have managed to get your hands on this device you are able to stream your device’s screen to any compatible Smart TVs without the need for a cable.
If mirroring your Samsung Galaxy S9’s display on a much larger screen sounds exciting to you, we have drawn up a simple how-to guide showing you how to use Miracast on Samsung Galaxy S9 to connect to your TV.
For specific instructions for your TV, perf orm an online search for the “Name of your TV model
How to Connect Samsung Galaxy S9 to Miracast Supported TV
Now that you have Miracast supported devices – smartphone and TV, it’s time to connect!
- Power on your smartphone’s display and swipe down the Notifications menu
- Scroll through and select “Smart View” (Samsung’s branded app for Miracast).
- The device scans for nearby Miracast supported devices
Note: Both devices must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network
- Smart View will automatically detect the Samsung TV (or other supported TV) and devices
- Select your TV from the list of Miracast supported devices displayed
- On your TV: you will be prompted to give the TV permission to “Allow” access from the phone.
- Grant the necessary permission by pressing “Enter” or “Ok as the case may be on your TV’s remote controller
- Once connected your Samsung Galaxy S9 screen will be mirrored on your TV screen
Note: To view in Landscape mode, simply hold your smartphone horizontally
- To stop screen mirroring, open Smart View on your phone, select your TV and choose “End Smart View”
Samsung, Sony, LG, Panasonic and Toshiba are Smart TV manufacturers that have integrated Miracast to their TV sets. However, if you have an older model TV or non-Smart TV that does not support Miracast, consider other options such as Roku, Chromecast or purchase a Miracast receiver dongle that can easily be plugged into any HDMI port on your TV set.
With Samsung Galaxy S9 Miracast, you can now connect your device to TV easily.
Connect Samsung Galaxy S9 to TV Via Smartview
To control your TV via your Samsung Galaxy S9 or S9 Plus, follow the simple guide below. Just pull down the notification or control panel to show the quick setting menu. Below is the guide.
- Drag two fingers down from the top of the screen to reveal the Quick Settings menu.
- Swipe left to show additional apps.
- Select Smart View (your phone will then automatically start searching for devices to connect with).
- Select Allow to connect with your chosen device.
- From the menu find and tap Smart View.
- Finally, Select the device you wish to connect with.