Start Facebook personal Fundraisers.Facebook is a community people where people connect and support one another in meaningful ways. Facebook has made it possible for users to ask for donations in terms of fundraiser to their personal account. Before now, this can only be done by non-profit organizations.
Facebook personal fundraisers is now available to everyone over 18 in the US with addition of new categories-community and sports. Below I will show you how to start Facebook personal Fundraisers and also for non profits fundraiser.
According to Facebook newsroom, People can create a fundraiser to quickly raise money on Facebook and easily reach their friends in a few taps, without leaving Facebook, and can share fundraisers to help build momentum. People can learn about the person who created the fundraiser and the person benefiting from the fundraiser, as well as see which friends have donated. Now people can raise money for any of the following categories:
- Education: such as tuition, books or classroom supplies
- Medical: such as medical procedures, treatments or injuries
- Pet Medical: such as veterinary procedures, treatments or injuries
- Crisis Relief: such as public crises or natural disasters
- Personal Emergency: such as a house fire, theft or car accident
- Funeral and Loss: such as burial expenses or living costs after losing a loved one
- Sports:such as equipment, competitions or team fees
- Community:such as neighborhood services, community improvements or environmental improvements
Facebook Fundraisers – How to Start Facebook Personal Fundraisers
To Start Facebook Personal Fundraisers, On mobile, tap on the menu icon, scroll down and select Fundraisers. On desktop, go to com/fundraisersor check for Fundraisers in the left side menu of your News Feed.
- There are three options to choose from – Yourself, Friendor Someone or Something Not on Facebook.
- Choose a category, e.g. Medical, Community or anyone your Fundraising falls under.
- Give it a title, enter your details and write an emotional appealing story to start raising money.
- Donations will be paid directly to the account you added.
Facebook Fundraisers – How to Start a Fundraiser for Non-profits
- On mobile, tap on the menu icon, scroll down and select Fundraisers. On desktop, go to com/fundraisers or check for Fundraisers in the left side menu of your News Feed.
- Search for a Nonprofit type, give it a title and create an appealing story.
- Click on Create to start raising money.
According to Facebook, Fundraisers will be reviewed within 24 hours to be approved or disapproved. Personal fundraisers are available on Android, IOS and desktop; there is a 6.9% + 30 cents fee that goes into payment processing, vetting, security and fraud protection
There you have it how to Start Facebook Personal Fundraisers and also for non-profits fundraiser