Tecno has added another smartphone to the POP line up. The POP 2 Power comes as an upgrade to the Tecno POP 2 packing a bigger Battery, hence the power in its name and also the addition of a fingerprint sensor for biometric authentication/verification. Let’s find out what else is new in the Tecno POP 2 Power.
Tecno POP 2 Power Display Key Specs
- 5.5-inch FULLVIEW LCD capacitive touchscreen, 960 x 480 pixels
- Android 8.1 Oreo Go Edition with 1GB Of RAM
- Quad-core 1.3GHz, MediaTek MT6580
- 16GB built-in storage
- 5MP rear camera and 8MP selfie camera
- 4,000mAh non-removable Battery
Tecno POP 2 Power Design And Display
The design and display of the Tecno POP 2 Power is pretty much the same as the TECNO Pop 2. It sports the same 5.5-inch Fullview display with a screen resolution of 960 x 480 and an aspect ratio of 18:9. At the top bezel is the front facing camera with an LED flash and at the back is also another camera with an LED flash.
Unlike the POP 2, the POP 2 Power has a fingerprint sensor which is located at the centre in its usual spot. Obviously, the device is made of plastic and comes in the same colour flavours as its sibling which are Champagne Gold, Midnight Black and City Blue.
The camera also remained the same with a single 8MP selfie camera in the front with an LED flash and a 5MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture and dual-LED flash. It also has an AI beautification technology for better picture quality.
Hardware and Software
As for the hardware, the Tecno POP 2 sports a MediaTek MT6580 Chipset with 4 cores and a maximum clock speed of 1.3GHz paired with a Mali-400MP2 GPU for gaming. For multitasking, there is a 1GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage which is expandable via a MicroSD card slot. Just like its sibling, it runs Tecno’s own HiOS 3.3 out of the box which is based on Android 8.1 Oreo Go Edition.
Battery & Network Connectivity
Unlike the Tecno POP 2, the POP 2 Power saw a significant bump in battery capacity almost doubling the size from 2,400mAh on the POP 2 to the 4,000mAh here on the POP 2 Power. There is no 4G LTE or NFC but the device has Bluetooth, WiFi, WiFi direct, WiFi hotspot, GPS, a micro USB port and a fingerprint sensor.
Price And Availability
Tecno POP 2 Power costs about N24,000 Naira in Nigeria and is already available for purchase on various online stores.
Tecno POP 2 Power Full Specifications
- Dimension: 151.3 mm *72.7mm * 9.7mm
- Material: Plastic
- Weight: N/A
- SIM: (Dual Nano-SIM, Dual stand-by)
- Type: LCD Capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 5.5-inch
- Screen Resolution: 18:9, 960 x 480 pixels
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 8.1 Oreo Go Edition
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6580, Quad-core 1.3GHz
- RAM: 1GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 16GB
- Card Slot: Yes
- Primary: 5MP with f/2.2, dual-LED flash
- Secondary: 8MP with LED flash
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: 2100 MHz
- 4G: No
- Bluetooth: Yes, v4.0
- USB: Yes, microUSB 2.0
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes
- NFC: No
- Sensor: Gravity, Proximity and Light Sensor
- Capacity: 4,000mAh, non-removable
- Type: Li-Ion
- Fast Charging: No
- OTG Support: Yes
Price and Availability
- Recommended Retail Price: $75
- Availability: Available on online stores