TECNO Pop 2S is a new entry-level smartphone from TECNO and has almost the same specifications with the pro variant of the Pop 2 except for some downgrades. It still has the same 5.5-inch display using the 18:9 aspect, single rear camera, single front-facing camera, fingerprint sensor at the back and a 3,050mAh battery capacity. Let’s see what the difference is between this device and the non-pro variant as well as its Features.
TECNO Pop 2S Key Specs
- 5.5-inch TFT IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 720 x 1440 Pixels
- Android 9.0 Pie Go Edition, 1GB Of RAM
- MediaTek MT6761 Helio A22, Quad-core 2.0GHz
- A 16GB built-in storage
- A 13MP rear camera and 8MP selfie camera.
- 3,050mAh non-removable battery
Design And Display
Tecno Pop 2s has a pretty basic design like the pro Variant with its 5.5-inch IPS display with 720 x 1440 screen resolution and a pixel per inch density of 293. The display uses an 18:9 aspect ratios which leave more than enough room up top for the single front-facing camera and also quite the same amount of chin at the bottom. The device which is made of plastic weighs 149grams, measures 8.4mm in thickness and comes in two colours; Gradient and Gold. It also has a dual SIM card slot and a dedicated MicroSD card slot for storage expansion.
TECNO Pop 2S Camera Review
Tecno Pop 2S has only two cameras in total divided evenly. The one at the back is a 13MP shooter with an LED flash for low light shots while a single 8MP sits at the top bezel in front for selfies. The front facing camera also has an LED flash with features like AI beauty mode and Face ID for biometric verifications.
Hardware and Software
A Mediatek MT6761 Helio A22 SoC sits at the centre of this device with a Quad-core processor clocked at 2.0GHz alongside a PowerVR GE8320 GPU for graphics and gaming. It also has 1GB of RAM which is more than enough to run the optimised Verso of the Android Operating System it comes with – Android 9.0 Pie Go Edition laced with TECNO’s HiOS. As for storage, it has 16GB which can easily be expanded further by slotting in a microSD card of up to 64GB.
Battery and Connectivity
Tecno Pop2 has a 3,050mAh battery powering it and at this price point, it’s no brainier that there won’t be any kind of fast charging. However, it does have 4G LTE, Bluetooth, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, WiFi direct, GPS, FM radio and a 3.5mm jack. Charging and file transfer is done through the dated MicroUSB port.
TECNO Pop 2S Price and Availability
For now, there is no word on pricing as well as availability for the TECNO Pop 2S.
TECNO Pop 2S Full Specifications
- Dimension: 148.3 x 71.9 x 8.48 mm
- Material: Plastic
- Weight: 148g
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: TFT IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 5.5-inch
- Screen Resolution: 18:9, 1720 x 1440 pixels, 293ppi
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie Go Edition, HiOS
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6761 Helio A22, Quad-core 2.0GHz
- RAM: 1GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 16GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 64GB
- Rear Camera: 13MP
- Front Camera: 8MP
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, WiFi direct, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: 2100 MHz
- 4G: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- USB: Yes, mircoUSB
- Loudspeaker: Yes\
- Audio Jack: Yes
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes (rear-mounted)
- NFC: No
- GPS: Yes
- Sensors: Gravity, Proximity and Light Sensor
- Capacity: 3,050mAh Non-removable
- Type: Lithium
- Fast Charging: N/A
- OTG Support: Yes
Price and Availability
Recommended Retail Price: Unknown
Availability: Coming Soon