One year after the release of the Pouvoir 3, TECNO Mobile is back with the next generation of their battery-focused series.
The new TECNO Pouvoir 4 sees a major upgrade in terms of display, battery and camera specifications. The device will also get a Pro variant just like its predecessor did. But in this article today, we shall be focusing on the vanilla variant and what it entails.
Pouvoir 4 Key Specs
- 7.0″ IPS LCD display
- 13MP AI Quad camera
- 8MP selfie camera
- MediaTek chipset
- Quad-core 2.0GHz processor
- Android 10 (HiOS 6)
- 6,000 mAh battery capacity
The TECNO phone has a simple body build design which is colourful thanks to the gradient pattern. Its elegant appearance comes in three options; Cosmic Shine, Ice Jadeite and Fascinating Purple. The phone measures a 9.2mm in thickness which is considered to be very thick. There is a dewdrop notch display on the front side of the device with a thick chin. Moving to the back, we have the traditional camera module, circular-shaped fingerprint reader, TECNO Pouvoir branding.
The phone is built around a gigantic 7-inch dot notch screen offering a cinematic-like viewing experience. The display features a 720 x 1640 pixels resolution, 20.5:9 aspect ratio, 90.55% screen-to-body ratio and 480 nits brightness.
Hardware and Software
Under the hood of the device is a MediaTek chipset with a Quad-Core processor clocking at 2.0 GHz. Get to enjoy the better, smooth and fast gaming experience with the 3GB RAM size and also store as many favourite files as you want with the 32GB ROM.
Game Mode feature lets you browse the important messages without closing or disturbing your gaming. The Off-Screen mode allows you to still run your game while saving up to 50% power by reducing the screen’s brightness. As expected, the Pouvoir 4 runs on TECNO’s HiOS 6 UI based on Android 10 OS. The trending dark theme feature extends battery life, saves energy and reduces the screen’s irritation to the eyes.
On the back of the TECNO Pouvoir 4 is the Quad AI camera. This consists of a 13MP lens with f/1.8 aperture, an 8x digital zoom lens with 77° shooting angle, a macro lens with 4cm focus and a Bokeh effect lens for portrait shots. Inside the camera, the module is a quad-LED flash which works for both taking photos and video recording.
Upfront is the AI selfie camera which packs an 8MP lens with f/2.0 aperture and 81° wide-angle for taking wider selfies. This camera also features a dual-LED flash for taking selfies in low-light conditions.
Pricing and Battery
The TECNO Pouvoir 4 packs a super non-removable 6,000 mAh battery capacity. This is a 1,000 mAh increase compared to its predecessor. The battery capacity gives you up to 792 minutes of movie time and 638 minutes of gaming. TECNO Pouvoir 4 is available in Nigeria at a retail price of N55,000.
TECNO Pouvoir 4 Complete Specs
- Announced: June 2020
- Status: June 2020
Design [ Build Factor], Display and Colour Options
- Dimension: Height- 174.9 mm * Width- 79.6 mm * Thickness- 9.2 mm
- Weight: N/A
- Build Quality: Front glass, plastic unibody
- Screen Display Type: IPS LCD
- Screen Size: 7.0-inch
- Resolution: 720 x 1600
- Aspect Ratio: 20:9
- Display Protection: Glass
- Notch: Yes
- Multi-touch screen: Yes
- Colour Options: Cosmic Shine, Ice Jadeite, Fascinating Purple
Operating System and Memory
- Operating System: Android 10 (HiOS 6)
- Chipset: MediaTek
- CPU: 2.0 GHz Quad-core Mediatek MT6761 Helio A22
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 3GB
- Built-in Storage Capacity: 32GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 128GB
Rear and Front Camera Rating
- Rear Camera Sensor: 13MP Quad
- Selfie Camera Sensor: 8MP
- Camera Features: Geo-tagging, Face detection, Panorama, HDR
- Video Recording: [email protected]
Wireless Network Bands and Connectivity Options
- Technology: GSM / HSDPA / LTE
- 5G Network Bands: N/A
- 4G Network Bands: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 28(700), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- 3G Network Bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 2G Network Bands: SIM1: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900, SIM2: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps
- SIM Type: Dual Sim, Dual Standby (Nano-SIM)
- Bluetooth: v5.0 with A2DP, LE
- USB: microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- FM Radio: FM radio
- GPS: Yes with A-GPS support
- NFC: N/A
Sound Quality and Multimedia Support
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Speaker Location: Front
- Sound Enhancement Features: Yes
- Audio Jack Type: Yes, 3.5mm audio jack
- Video Support Formats: H.264 (Baseline / Main / High profile), MPEG4 (Simple profile / ASP) and other video formats
- Audio Support formats: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC +, MP3, AMR – NB and WB, APE, WAV
- Battery Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 6,000 mAh
- Wireless Charging: No
- Fast Charging: No
- Rear-Mounted Fingerprint Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Electronic Compass.