UMIDIGI Z2 Pro is the advanced version of the UMIDIGI Z2 smartphone from the Chinese OEM, UMIDIGI. According to the company, the device is the world’s 1st 6.2″ FHD+ top-notch with Helio P60 flagship smartphone.
The company also claims the device is a technology pioneer, sporting the trending top-notch display. The Z2 Pro doesn’t just sport the notch with a very attractive design, it houses the latest Helio P60 chip from MediaTek with 6GB RAM. Let’s find out more below.
Key Specs and Features
- 6.2-inch FHD+ IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 2246 x 1080 pixels
- Android 8.1 Oreo with 6GB RAM
- Octa-core 2.5GHz MediaTek Helio P60 MT6771
- 128GB built-in storage
- 16MP + 5MP dual rear camera and 16MP + 5MP dual front camera
- 4G LTE
- Face ID
- Fingerprint Scanner
- 650mAh non-removable Li-Po battery with fast charging.
At first glance, you’d definitely know it’s the company’s flagship smartphone. The Z2 Pro exudes elegance and style with its premium aluminium alloy body and exquisite colours.
The body is covered in glass as well and reflects light in the most subtle way. Just like the A1 Pro, the Z2 Pro sports dual rear camera that is vertical at the top middle.
There’s a LED flash beside the cameras and a fingerprint scanner underneath for those that don’t like the Face ID. Apart from having been sleek sides and edges, it’s available in Twilight, Phantom and Black premium colours and weighs 162g overall.
I think almost all the Chinese smartphone manufacturers now have a flagship smartphone with a notch. UMIDIGI didn’t want to be left out in the party as they introduced the Z2 Pro with the notch as well. The company made the bottom bezel very minimal which is difficult to see these days.
The massive 6.2-inch FHD+ IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen is amazingly stunning. It boasts of 2246 x 1080 pixels in resolution with 402 pixels per inch density. Watching movies and playing games on this baby would literally be out of this world.
Under the hood is the MediaTek Helio P60 MT6771 chip which is an octa-core processor with a 64-bit CPU architecture. The octa-core processor here runs at a blazing speed of 2.5GHz manufactured using the 12nm process technology for the best performance. Handling graphics is the all-new ARM Mali G72 MP3 which clocks at 800MHz for a seamless gaming experience.
In terms of multitasking, you have a juicy 6GB RAM to navigate apps and games. The RAM reaches a fast memory speed of 1.8GHz as well. While for storage, 128GB storage space is available to store all your files and it’s upgradeable as well. The device runs on Android 8.1 Oreo with stock UI.
The Z2 Pro takes pride in its 4 cameras. The 16MP + 5MP rear shooter comes with a dual-tone flash and other quality features. The 16MP shooter is a Sony IMX371 Exmor RS camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1.0 um Pixel Size, 5P Lens and CMOS Sensor. There’s another 16MP + 5MP shooter at the front with f/2.0 aperture, 1/3.1′ Sensor Size, 1.0 um Pixel Size, 5P Lens and supports Face ID. The UMIDIGI Z2 Pro is powered by a non-removable Li-Po 3650mAh battery with fast charging technology.
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
UMIDIGI Z2 Pro will be available on Shopping stores from June, starting from $399 to $419, that’s about (N120,000 – N140,000).
UMIDIGI Z2 Pro Full Specs
- Announced: May 2018
- Status: Coming soon. June 2018
- Network Technology: GSM / WCDMA / LTE
- 3G Support: 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G Support: LTE : 800 / 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 / 2100 / 2600 MHz
- LTE-TDD: 1900 MHz (Band 39), 2300 MHz (Band 40), 2500 MHz (Band 41), 2600 MHz (Band 38)
- LTE : 1700 / 2100 MHz, 700 MHz Class 17, 700 MHz (Band 12), 800 MHz (Band 19)
- Number of SIM Card: 2 (Nano)
- Dual SIM Support: Yes
- Material Type: Metal
- Dimensions: N/A
- Colour: Twilight, Phantom and Black
- Weight: 162g
- Screen Type: FHD+ IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 6.2-inch
- Resolution: 2246 x 1080 pixels
- Pixel Density: 402ppi
- Screen to Body Ratio: 83%
- Operating system: Android 8.1 Oreo
- Processor: Octa-core 2.5GHz
- Chipset type: MediaTek Helio P60 MT6771
- Graphics Processing Unit: ARM Mali G72 MP3 800MHz
- Memory Card slot: Yes, up to 256GB
- Internal storage: 128GB
- RAM: 6GB
- Back Camera: 16MP + 5MP
- Front Camera: 16MP + 5MP
- Back Flash: Yes, dual-LED
- Front Flash: No
- Wifi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes (Rear)
- Sensors: accelerometer, proximity, ambient light, compass, gyroscope, hall
- USB: type C
- GPS: Yes
- 5mm Audio Jack: Yes
- Capacity: 3650mAh
- Type: Li-Po
- Standby Time: N/A
- Talktime: N/A
- Fast Charging: Yes