Humans beings are known for their dandy nature in a quest to look fashionable, and smartphone manufacturers are capitalizing on this premise to give what may appeal to us.
This is evident in the number of fashionable and cute looking devices that have been unleashed on us.
Announced today is the ZTE Nubia Z17s with up to 8GB of RAM and 128GB of onboard storage. The device sports an impressive 5.5-inch Full HD display with 18:9 aspect ratio. The Z17s is a follow up to the Z17 released earlier this year and the device will be joining the likes of Samsung Galaxy S8, LGV30 and others with 18:9 ratio.
Does the ZTE Z17s worth the upgrade, join me as I review the full specs details, design, display and special features of the device.
Like Asha will sing “beautiful is your name” the Zte Z17s is a beautiful smartphone that will get attention whenever it’s brought out for display. Adorning the body of the device is a full metal material which ZTE says is made of Aircraft grade.
It comes in two fashionable colours of black and blue and weighs around 170g. At the back, are two cameras and a stylishly placed fingerprint scanner for securing the phone. In terms of dimension, it measures 147.46 x 72.68 x 8.5 mm.
Punchier, vibrant and immersive are few words that can be used to describe the display of the Zte Z17s. It sports an expansive 5.7-inch Full HD screen with 18:9 aspect ratio, this means the display is taller and ideal for an immersive multimedia experience. Bundled in the display is a symbolic red circle that serves as the home button and the screen to body ratio is about 87%.
In the performance side of things, the ZTE Z17S has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 which is paired with either 6GB of RAM and 64GB of storage or 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage.
The device boasts 4 cameras, two at the back consisting of 12MP and 23MP whole at the front there is a dual camera setup with 5MP + 5MP combo. The ZTE NUBIA Z17S comes with a 3100mAh Non-removable battery that also supports fast charging.
Full Specification of ZTE NUBIA Z17S
- 2G/GSM: GSM 900 / 1800
- WCDMA: HSDPA 900 / 2100
- 4G LTE: YES [FDD-LTE 3(1800) / 7(2600) / 20(800)]
- SIM Type: Dual Micro SIM
- Dimensions: 147.46 x 72.68 x 8.5 mm
- Display Size: 5.7 inches
- Weight: 170g
- Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels IPS display
- Body Build: Metallic
- Colours: Black and Blue
- CPU: 64-bit Octa-Core processor
- Chipset: Snapdragon 835
- GPU: Adreno 540
- RAM: 6GB/8GB
- Internal Memory: 64GB/ 128GB
- External MicroSD: Yes Expandable up to 2TB
- Sensors: G-Sensors, Proximity Sensors, Fingerprint, Gyroscope, Compass
- OS Version: Android 7.0 Nougat with XOS V2.2
- Back Camera: Dual 12 megapixels + 23MP Dual LED flash
- Front Camera: Dual 5-megapixel + 5MP camera with LED flash
- Bluetooth: v4.2
- WiFi: YES [Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct]
- GPS: Yes
- USB: USB v3.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- IM: Yes
- Email: Yes
- Alert Type: Vibration, MP3 ringtones
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Connecting Port: 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Battery Type: Non-removable 3100mAh Capacity
- Standby Time: Up to 2days
- Talk Time: Up to 1.5days
- Fast Charging: Yes
- MP3/WAV/eAAC+/WMA player
- FM Radio
- MP4/H.264/H.263/WMV player
- Document viewer/editor
- Preloaded applications
- Facebook, Opera Mini, Gmail, YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk, etc
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
- Price: $455 -$607 which is about N180,000-N220,000
- Availability: coming soon