Technology is changing the ways we handle our finances; let’s look at how to use FCMB online banking platform.
First City Monument Bank, simply known as FCMB, is a Lagos-headquartered full-service banking group. One of Nigeria’s large financial services providers, it offers retail banking, corporate banking as well as investment banking services to big companies, small & medium enterprises (SMEs), and individuals.
It has more than 310 networked branches in all 36 states of the nation, which places it as the 7th largest bank in Nigeria, based on the branch network. In this post, we explain how to use FCMB online banking platform.
What is FCMB Online Banking?
- 1 What is FCMB Online Banking?
- 2 What Are the Categories of FCMB Online?
- 3 What Are the Features of FCMB Online?
- 4 How to Register for FCMBOnline
- 5 How to Download FCMB Online App for Android and iOS
- 6 How to Sign in to FCMB Online
- 7 Resetting Your FCMB Online Log-in Username
- 8 Resetting Your FCMB Online Login Password
- 9 Understanding FCMB Online Banking Code
- 10 Introducing FCMB Online Business Version
- 11 What Are the Features of FCMB Online Business?
- 12 How to Complete Registration for FCMB Online Business
- 13 How to Download FCMB Business App
- 14 FCMBOnline Customer Care
- 15 Ways to Protect Your FCMB Online Account
The financial institution describes FCMBOnline Personal as an online banking service for individual customers.
Also called FCMB Internet banking, it’s an online real-time service for business organizations to enjoy 24/7 instant access to their accounts with First City Monument Bank.
On this platform, you can also manage your finances wherever you are and whenever you want using your internet-enabled device (Android or iPhone).
What Are the Categories of FCMB Online?
FCMB maintains three types of Internet banking, targeted at the following set of consumers:
- Individual/Personal: FCMBOnline is designed for Individual or Personal.
- Business version: FCMB Internet banking can also be used by SMEs, corporate bodies.
What Are the Features of FCMB Online?
The FCMB Online banking platform enables you to perform the following banking operations:
- Funds Transfer Completed Instantly (within FCMB accounts and other bank accounts)
- Multiple Instant Transfers
- Bills Payment (DSTV, GOTV, PHCN, BB, SWIFT subscription, IPNX, and others)
- Instant Airtime Top-up (MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile)
- Forex Transfers
- Pay Wakanow Airfare
- Fund Credit Card
- Cardless Transfers
- Fixed Deposit Investment
- Set Standing Instruction for periodic payments
- Salary Loan Top-up
- Consolidated view of ALL your FCMB accounts
- Consolidated view of your credit card account
- Check & download account statements
- Request ATM debit card or Cheque book or bank drafts
- Request Mobile Token
- Reset Hardware Token
- Nearest ATM Locator
- Block your ATM debit card
To use these services, you have to register on the platform.
How to Register for FCMBOnline
To use FCMB internet banking, you must complete all registration steps.
Here is how to get started:
- Open com/Registration
- Supply your account details
- Input your account name
- Enter your mobile number used to open your FCMB account
- Supply the email address in your bank account
- Choose a new login name to access FCMBOnline
- Pick your ATM card preference, select Yes, if you’ve one and No if you don’t
- If it is the former option, supply your card PAN (16 or 19 digits number); if it is the latter, proceed to the last step
- Press SUBMIT to complete your registration
Having enrolled for the service, you can download it on your mobile.
How to Download FCMB Online App for Android and iOS
There are two primary types of FCMB Internet banking app for Android and iOS. The two versions are available for download on the Play Store and the App Store.
- Download FcmbMobile for Android from the Play Store
- Download FCMB Mobile Plus for Android Here
- Download FCMBMobile for iOS from the App Store
- Download FCMB Mobile Plus for iOS Here
FCMB mobile banking app enables you to control transactions & commands from the bank’s app. It gives you control of your FCMB accounts (either savings or current accounts), helps you make a bill payment and carry out other transactions.
How to Sign in to FCMB Online
Having successfully completed your registration for FCMB Internet banking, the next thing is to sign in to your FCMBOnline account and gain access to all the features mentioned above.
Here is to login:
- Head to FCMBOnline
- Input your username and your password
- Hit the Login feature
Resetting Your FCMB Online Log-in Username
You might forget your FCMB online log-in username as a number of customers do. No need to seethe if this happens; simply follow the tips outlined below to retrieve your username:
- Input your FCMB account number
- Supply your registered email address
- Enter your registered phone number
- Provide any secret answer
- Press the “Get Username” feature
Resetting Your FCMB Online Login Password
In case you can’t remember your password, you can reset and change it using the settings below:
- Press the “Forget Your Password?” option
- Enter your User ID and a secret answer
- Tap “Reset Password” to get a default password
- The default password will now be sent to your registered email address
- Copy the default password from the registered email and sign in with it
- Once you are in, change the default password to your preferred password.
Understanding FCMB Online Banking Code
- *329*Amount# — top-up your phone
- *329*Amount*Mobile number# — top-up other phones
- *329*Amount*Account number# — for funds transfer
- *329*00# — check balance
- *329*0# — reset your pin
- *329*1*Mobile Number# — buy data on your mobile phone
- *329*2*Smartcard Number# — pay for DSTv/GOTv subscription
Introducing FCMB Online Business Version
FCMBOnline Business is an online platform, built for SMEs and other corporate organizations. Unlike FCMBOnline Personal for individual account holders, this service is targeted at small business enterprises and other corporate organizations.
FCMBOnline Business is available 24/7 online, providing a real-time solution that gives business organizations instant access to their FCMB accounts. The platform also allows them to manage their finances anywhere and anytime using an internet-enabled phone.
The FCMBOnline Business version is also dubbed “Corporate Banking” or “Online Business Banking”.
There are two kinds of users:
- Single User
- Multiple Users (Initiator & Authorizer)
What Are the Features of FCMB Online Business?
- Funds Transfer to accounts within FCMB and to other banks
- 24/7 access to your account info
- Instant transfer within and outside FCMB
- Next Business day transfers
- Forex transfers
- Bulk transfer for salary payments/payment to suppliers, etc.
- Confirmation of Cheques
- Cheque book request
- Download account statements in PDF
- Consolidated view of ALL your FCMB accounts
How to Complete Registration for FCMB Online Business
To get started, you are required to fill a Business Online request form at any FCMB branch in Nigeria. The setup is completed the same day it is initiated.
These are the steps to register for FCMBOnline business banking:
- Head to FCMB business banking portal
- Press “I agree” on Terms and Conditions
- Supply your account number
- Input your account name
- Supply your phone number
- Input your email address
- Supply your new login name
- Supply your card type (Verve)
- Input your card pan, which is that long number at the front of the card
- Input the expiry date
How to Download FCMB Business App
The FCMB Business app lets you manage your finances efficiently.
It’s available for all mobile devices — including Android, iPad, and iPhones:
- Download FCMB Business app for Android from Google Play
- Download FCMB Business app for iOS from the App Store
The FCMB Business app helps SMEs and corporate bodies perform financial transactions anytime and from anywhere on the globe by simply using their phone. There is no need to use a laptop or desktop to complete your banking transactions.
To learn more above any of the above-mentioned FCMB online banking platform — whether Individual/Personal or Business/Co-operate Banking, you can contact the financial institution.
Here are various channels to reach out to them:
- WhatsApp: (+234) 09099999814 or (+234) 09099999815
- Call Contact Center: 012798800, 01-2798800, 07003290000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MyFCMB
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/myfcmb
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FCMBMyBank/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/fcmbplc
- Headquarters: Primrose Tower, No 17A, Tinubu Str., Marina, Lagos; Tel: +234 (0) 1 279 3030
Ways to Protect Your FCMB Online Account
To safeguard your FCMB online internet banking account from unwanted use, consider adhering to these security tips:
- Don’t disclose your password to anyone you don’t trust
- On a safer side, don’t share your password with anyone
- Try changing your password regularly
- First City Monument Bank will NEVER request your password.
- If you sign in to your account in a public computer in a cybercafe, don’t forget to log out and change your password.
At this juncture, we round off with this post on how to use FCMB online banking platform.
Image Credit: FCMB